• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

CKCS Club Heart and Eye clinic May 19th

Cathryn

Hello,

I posted this in the thread on Katy, but thought I would post it again in it's own right too.

In this weeks Dog World Newspaper Norma Inglis reports in the breed notes that:-
"The CKCS Club is holding a Heart and Eye Clinic on May 13th at The Grange Hall, Coventry Road, Southam, Warwickshire, CV47 1QA. Testing will begin at 09.30 a.m and the last dogs will be seen at 3.30 p.m. Heart testing will be free and Eye Certificates will cost £23. Every-one is welcomeand for more details email Sylvia Lymer at [email protected]" You may also ring her (P.M me if you want her number) but not today, Friday 27th April, as there is a championship show on today and she will most likely be there!

Hope this info is of use to some of you, I would imagine the cardiologist will be Simon Swift who the Parent club usually book, I have a couple I will be taking along, the Parent Club are trying to get more people to attend these clinics, so I shall certainly be supporting them!

I've just been told the date for this is actually the 19th; the wrong date whent into Dog World. So have changed the heading to reflect this. (y)

CKCS Heart and Eye Clinic

Could I pass on this information from the UK Cavalier Club Web Site.

It is their policy that they actively encourage the Members to TEST their Cavaliers for Heart and Eye Problems
A Cavalier Puppy Buyer will know they are buying from someone who is doing their best to produce Healthy Stock

Should this UK CKCS Club recommendation now also include MRI Scanning in the fight against the SM problem in the Cavalier Breed ?

BET

I have no doubt that gradually that will become the recommendation, but perhaps not anytime soon. The real hope is that some other method might emerge than MRIs for diagnosis, which would make things easier for breeders.

CKCS Heart and EYE Clinic May 19th

Im having another go at sending this message .
What really is the answer to trying to find out if Cavaliers SM?

The Heart Problem is a lot easier compared to this insidious SM disease

Could I include this apology in this Post?

Ive said how wrong I was in saying what I said at the beginning of the SM problem appearing in the Cavalier Breed.

At that time I couldnt get the facts to fit the reasons we were being given .

Now for me ,I just wonder if the New Look that many of the Cavaliers have now,which was appearing around the same time as SM in Cavaliers in the early 80's ,could be linked ,tthats why I now say I was so wrong in what I was saying early on .

Im so sorry the distress I must have caused Cavalier Owners who had Cavaliers suffering from SM because of what Iwas saying at that time .

I now realize that its a horrible disease ,and if linked to the New Look of to-days Cavaliers,it could be so wide- spread ,perhaps a bigger problem to the Cavalier Breed than the Heart Trouble

If any Cavalier Owners of Cavaliers suffering from SM read this ,I do hope you realize how sorry and wrong I was in saying what Id said a few years ago .

This should now be my Motto!!!!!!!!

OH LORD ,please keep your arm around my Shoulder ,
But your HAND OVER MY MOUTH .!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet

CKCS Heart and EYE Clinic May 19th

Im having another go at sending this message .
What really is the answer to trying to find out if Cavaliers SM?

The Heart Problem is a lot easier compared to this insidious SM disease

Could I include this apology in this Post?

Ive said how wrong I was in saying what I said at the beginning of the SM problem appearing in the Cavalier Breed.

At that time I couldnt get the facts to fit the reasons we were being given .

Now for me ,I just wonder if the New Look that many of the Cavaliers have now,which was appearing around the same time as SM in Cavaliers in the early 80's ,could be linked ,tthats why I now say I was so wrong in what I was saying early on .

Im so sorry the distress I must have caused Cavalier Owners who had Cavaliers suffering from SM because of what Iwas saying at that time .

I now realize that its a horrible disease ,and if linked to the New Look of to-days Cavaliers,it could be so wide- spread ,perhaps a bigger problem to the Cavalier Breed than the Heart Trouble

If any Cavalier Owners of Cavaliers suffering from SM read this ,I do hope you realize how sorry and wrong I was in saying what Id said a few years ago .

This should now be my Motto!!!!!!!!

OH LORD ,please keep your arm around my Shoulder ,
But your HAND OVER MY MOUTH .!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bet

Back