• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New recalls-Friday

You know what's messed up about that site?

Form http://www.startribune.com/484/story/1145386.html

China said Thursday it has banned melamine from food products after the chemical was found in exports of vegetable protein shipped to the United States, but rejected it as the cause of dozens of pet deaths in North America.

U.S. Food and Drug Administration officials say they suspect the substance, which is a chemical found in plastics and pesticides, is to blame.

China's Foreign Ministry said in a statement there was no evidence to support the FDA's claim but that it would cooperate with the United States to find out what actually killed the animals.

I don't understand how come China is denying that melamine was killing the pets!! That seems to be the only thing that is showing up consistently in the foods and the crystals WITH traces of melamine are showing up in the deceased animals.

Why don't they get it?

Think with that manufacturer it's a case of "deny,deny" and if you steadfastly deny it probably didn't happen. As far as their inviting the FDA to check, I,at this point, don't see much happening unless FDA rewrites priorities and is funded and staffed to accomplish the priorities. Don't know why exactly that it was so easy to slip contaminates into a food system but the weakness here was exploited. I hope that good will come out of this tragedy-time will tell.

I can't believe that Menu foods was not going to begin the recall at all. Iam's was the company that pushed for it!! :mad: :mad: :mad: How messed up is that???!!

I can't believe Chicken Soup is being recalled...WHAT NEXT?? I am so nervous....

Back