• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby has a boyfriend....

nursejess80

and he's her snuggle puppy, Mr. Snuggles. She has become quite, ahem, attached to him lately, and they've apparently taken their relationship to the next level. She was ever so ladylike this week at Jason's grandfather's house after his grandmother's funeral and demonstrated her affection for him right in the middle of the living room in front of EVERYONE. They all laughed, but of course I was a little mortified that she chose that specific time to do that. Does anyone else have a girl who humps?? I mean, my sister's female bulldog does it, and I've seen other girls do it, but never this young. Is it just her way of trying to be dominant over something, or is she this oversexed little girl?? Oh, and she apparently moves on quickly. Her first boyfriend was a bright red monkey that did this little cat call whistle when you pushed it's belly, but it was left at my friend's house when her dog basically ruined it. She had moved on to Mr. Snuggles before the week was out. What a little harlet!! For those of you familiar with it, we now joke that she really is like the Kenny Rogers song!!

:rotfl: hahaha funny and cute...sorry cant answer the questions youve asked since i havent been in that situation..(now that i think about it...ive never once seen my boys mount anything before....)
has she been desexed yet?

Oh my goodness! You go Ruby girl! How cute is that!

I can't answer the question for girls, but chester was trying to hump our German shepherd (she was already desexed and he could only get to her knee anyway because he was so tiny in comparison!) when he was about 5 months old but when we got him desexed at 6 months old he hasn't humped anything since!;)

Has she been spayed yet? How old is she?

What a cutie pie!!! :lotsaluv:

chester was trying to hump our German shepherd (she was already desexed and he could only get to her knee anyway because he was so tiny in comparison!
hahaha :rotfl: i wouldve loved 2 see that!

Finn is only 10 weeks and he has a big tiger teddy bear that he does this to :OI didn't think they started this early:)

Our girls have been known to do it, but not often. Most of the time it's one of the other dogs, but they have fallen in love with a toy before. With the girls, we do correct the behavior.

With our boys, it's a little different. Generally, we don't see it much until a girl is in season. Even though they are separated, those boys can smell her and instinct takes over. The dilema we have is that we don't want to correct the recreational stuff too hard because it might affect them when it comes to the real thing. So the correction becomes a very low key "Oh by the way, leave the toy/girl alone".

She has become quite, ahem, attached to him lately, and they've apparently taken their relationship to the next level.

:lol:

The dilema we have is that we don't want to correct the recreational stuff too hard because it might affect them when it comes to the real thing. So the correction becomes a very low key "Oh by the way, leave the toy/girl alone".

:rotfl:

My Lily is a humper but she is very choosy -- she ONLY humps throw pillows. Which in itself can be rather embarrassing as throw pillows tend to be on the sofas where people are sitting when they visit. I do correct this but it can be hard to keep a constant eye on those wily throw pillows! In a lot of her behaviours Lily is more like a terrier than a cavalier, a bit in your face. Goodness knows what her life was like before I got her that led to her having to be Ms 'You Talkin' To Me'?

Humping is interesting/curious behaviour and definitely not always sexually connected. I know people have a bitch that humps their male dog's head and then works downwards towards his tail, when he is relaxing on the floor. :rolleyes: The male doesn't seem to care much; he is a big easygoing galumph, which is good or things could have been nasty. This is a female that is definitely the top dog in the house but because she arrived second, the owners felt they had to keep the lab from feeling he wasn't first and they do all the reinforcement behaviour to say he is number one -- feed him first, pay attention to him first and so on. As a result you can CLEARLY see the female doing some really unwanted behaviour to try to assert her position -- she humps the male, she guards chairs, beds and food, she herds, she can be a bit aggressive and snappy including to her owners. In other words it is a textbook example of why we need to let dogs get on with some things themselves -- they know where they fit and they generally do not care. But when we try to interfere and reorder things based on human ideas about rank, it can make for one (or two) very anxious dogs. They are convinced the male will 'feel bad' if they don't constantly do this demotion stuff with the bitch. I think he'd be delighted to be let to 'feel bad' so the bitch would stop doing the full body hump on him several times a day! :eek:

:rotfl: Nothing cuter than a puppy humping his/her plush toy. We don't seem to have any humpers at the moment, but when our Boxer girls were little, they all loved taking turns at humping each other & their toys. It was kind of at their pubertal time I guess.

:rotfl: hahaha funny and cute...sorry cant answer the questions youve asked since i havent been in that situation..(now that i think about it...ive never once seen my boys mount anything before....)
has she been desexed yet?

She was actually spayed on Wed. We haven't had anymore humping, but she hasn't really been playing too much. A few minutes ago, she pulled Mr. Snuggles out of her kennel and into the middle of the floor, but she pretty much just slung him all over the place. No humping action, but for a second we thought she might. It really is just a funny sight. The first time she ever did it I was on the couch on my laptop, and she and the monkey were on the cushion next to me. I felt the cushion kind of moving and looked over to see her just completely violating him. She stopped as soon as I called my husband in the room and she realized I was watching. We'll just have to wait and see if she keeps it up!!

Spayed on wednesday? hmm maybe she'll stop now...i know some dogs that stopped humping after being spayed but others that still continue it..
I felt the cushion kind of moving and looked over to see her just completely violating him. She stopped as soon as I called my husband in the room and she realized I was watching.
:lol: cute...well hey! a girl need her privacy! ;)

:razz: :razz: :razz: Oh, Ruby! You silly little girl!!! :D

I have to laugh because JUST last night, Scout humped my arm, and lemme tell you ... SCARED me to death. Well, he wasn't so much humping my arm as humping a toy that I had in my hand. Hoooo boy ... wasn't expecting this at 13 weeks. :eek:

Ha ha, I have to admit our Harvey has had a very high sex drive and has humped his sheep since the first week we had him. I too am concerned as to whether this should happen at only 2 months of age. He has no shame and performs to any audience but with no other mate than his sheep. I have a friend with a little terrier who humps anything in front of anyone.. Would be interested to hear if anything is 'wrong' with our sexually active puppies???

Charlie seems to "like" his snuggle puppy in that way too. :luv: A few weeks ago he started a new bedtime ritual. First he wrestles his snuggle puppy then he humps it really good. Then it's time for bed. So far he's only interested in humping the snuggle puppy, no other dogs or people.

Twinkle is our resident humper. She loves it! She has three lovers, the first is the dude who she has had since the day she came home, the second is a stuffed elephant who we call the gimp (sorry!) and the third is a bunny who we only bought last week - he's the same size as her and quite a challenge. She doesn't just hump them though - she kisses and snuggles them too. She never tries to hump the other dogs so we just let her get on with it.

this thread is hysterical! :rotfl:

indy has had a couple of 'special friends,' but mainly it's just his special pillow. poor ol' pillow has been a bit neglected since indy was spayed. i didn't worry too much about indy humping the pillow, unlike his daddy, because to be honest i found it mildly amusing. indy would go through very elaborate 'foreplay' involving a few minutes of tucking and retucking the pillow under himself in preparation, but the actual humping never went on for long at all.

silly little hornballs!

k

Our trainer told us it's a dominance thing more than a sexual one. Abbey's a humper, she only humps Gus though. Although once she was sitting with my niece on the floor and tried humping her after she was smelling her ear. :eek: Not sure what was going on with that.:rolleyes:

Back