• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New update from Natural Balance

Maxwell&me

Save your bags of food~ Medical expences are only paid out if there is a sample of the food.

I dont think anyone here is effected thank goodness....but good info to have

From the website:

If your dog is showing signs of kidney failure (such as loss of appetite, lethargy and vomiting)

Stop feeding the food. Make sure your pet has access to plenty of water.
Contact your veterinarian right away and tell her or him that your dog may have possibly been exposed to melamine.
Save the food, the bag or can and receipt (if you still have them) and Natural Balance will arrange to obtain the food for testing at no charge to you. We will need a product sample to address the situation.
Contact Natural Balance @ (800) 829-4493 so we can take down your information and assist you through this trying time.

What can be done for my pet if it has melamine poisoning?

Stop feeding the food and make sure your pet has access to plenty of water. Sometimes this is all that is necessary.
Take your pet to the veterinarian for professional guidance right away. The veterinarian may consider giving additional fluids by intravenous infusion in some circumstances. There are no specific “antidotes” to melamine known at this time but general supportive measures seem to be very effective

What are the chances that my pet will recover?

No one can say exactly, but we have heard many stories of recovery already. Make sure your pet has access to plenty of water. Your veterinarian will have the best information about your pet.

Too bad I tossed Cupcake's food (she was eating the NB venison and brown rice formula *sigh*). But, a $150 vet bill is a small price to pay for peace of mind. :)

I read something that made sense to me. Apparently you should always keep the dog food bag, even if you package it off into different containers. Then if there ever is a recall, you still have the bag to check dates, barcode numbers etc. I've got a little bag of RC here that I had put into plastic containers. I'd thrown the bag into the recycling bin, but then retrieved it after reading about some of the earlier recalls.

Back