PDA

View Full Version : I've got a cute idea for a thread, what d'you think?

*Pauline*
29th April 2007, 11:38 PM
You could all PM me pictures of you (NOT DOGS) when you were little , 2yrs to 5 yrs maybe and pictures of you now. And I'll post them all in one big post then you can all guess who is who. It won't be a poll. I'm not sure how I'll work it or if it should be in The Dog And Bone. Suggestions welcome but feel free to post your pictures. At the very least it would be cute to do a gallery.:D

p.s. I suppose the winner could be the one who pares up the most pictures. Um...and I could number them and you could put them together. I could do 1,2,3 for the child pics and A,B,C for the adult ones.

Fun?

If you don't have a scanner to get your old photo on your pc, take a photo of it with your digital camera.

Maxwell&me
29th April 2007, 11:46 PM
Alright, Im in....but how do I get a photo to you? Im not sure if you can open a File thru private message? I only have adult photos? Hmmm....Ill have to think on this....

Lani
30th April 2007, 12:30 AM
sounds fun. :-)

*Pauline*
30th April 2007, 12:33 AM
Alright, Im in....but how do I get a photo to you? Im not sure if you can open a File thru private message? I only have adult photos? Hmmm....Ill have to think on this....

It won't work unless you have a picture of you as a child too as the task is to match them up.

You can post pics in PM the same as in a thread.

Maxwell&me
30th April 2007, 12:54 AM
Well, I think its a great Idea, however my scanner is busted, and so baby photos of myself are out as Im so old they didnt have digital at that time...lol ....( I dont really want to replace the scanner just for this thread~ I never use it)

Perhaps sometime we could match up user id's with photos? That would be fun too as I know there are lots of people that havnt posted their photos.

Lani
30th April 2007, 02:25 AM
I'm in ... Pauline should we all just PM you so you can send us a regular email address to send the files to?

(I would not suggest posting a real email here, as that might invite spammers to start spamming you).

Kodee
30th April 2007, 04:42 AM
Well, I think its a great Idea, however my scanner is busted, and so baby photos of myself are out as Im so old they didnt have digital at that time...lol ....( I dont really want to replace the scanner just for this thread~ I never use it)

Perhaps sometime we could match up user id's with photos? That would be fun too as I know there are lots of people that havnt posted their photos./Do you have a digital camera? My kids use their digital's to take a photo of old photos and they look fine.

*Pauline*
30th April 2007, 11:23 AM
You can send pictues in PM :D

No one sent any, I think I'll do it when I have 10 people. I should post something in General so everyone sees it.

Lindsay
30th April 2007, 02:20 PM
Mine would be so easy. I basically look the exact same...just more...curvy :lol:

Kodee
30th April 2007, 04:27 PM
You can send pictues in PM :D

No one sent any, I think I'll do it when I have 10 people. I should post something in General so everyone sees it.Its a great idea - we did something similar at our office. With me, its just I dont have a pic of me now on my computer and definately one of when i was young - give people time to get it together.

*Pauline*
30th April 2007, 04:30 PM
I will give everyone time. I'll nag...I mean remind everyone till I get 10 peoples pictures.

Scouty girl
30th April 2007, 04:55 PM
/Do you have a digital camera? My kids use their digital's to take a photo of old photos and they look fine.

I was trying to figure out how to do this, thanks. Most of my baby and youngster pictures are in black and white. It was the 60's after all.

Kodee
30th April 2007, 05:01 PM
I was trying to figure out how to do this, thanks. Most of my baby and youngster pictures are in black and white. It was the 60's after all.hey 1957 here so I hear you!! My daughter had black and white photographs she took and developed the film in photography class. She wanted to post online so she just laid them on the table and literally got close and clicked! Uploaded like any other digial camera pic. They looked perfect.

Mycavyangels
30th April 2007, 05:13 PM
that sounds like a great idea!! i just sent u pics lol:)

*Pauline*
30th April 2007, 05:26 PM
I was trying to figure out how to do this, thanks. Most of my baby and youngster pictures are in black and white. It was the 60's after all.

I was born in the 60s too, no excuses!! B&W is ok. Oh I get it, you don't have a scanner...

Linda
1st May 2007, 12:22 AM
Great Idea Pauline

Need a bit of time to find those old pics.
But I am in.

Lani
1st May 2007, 01:14 AM
I sent you mine. :-)

Let me know if they work. :rah: :rah: :rah:

Yvonne117
1st May 2007, 09:30 AM
Have sent mine hope I have done it correctly. Had to do the digital camera thing with the baby one, what a good idea can now put some old pics on my computer.

*Pauline*
1st May 2007, 03:53 PM
I sent you mine. :-)

Let me know if they work. :rah: :rah: :rah:

You only sent child pictures, I need an adult one too. The idea is to match them up.

I've only had adult/child pics from 2 people. Others have only sent child pics. ;)

Lani
1st May 2007, 04:02 PM
I'll send grown up pics today. :-)

*Pauline*
1st May 2007, 06:00 PM
Fankoo! xx

Mycavyangels
1st May 2007, 06:47 PM
Did u get my pics ok?

*Pauline*
2nd May 2007, 12:05 AM
Yes thanks, yours were lovely, I thought I PMed you. Thanks though xx

Crittercall
13th May 2007, 07:10 PM
Sounds like fun but I can't even get my avatar done! Will try - not right this minute but I'll try. I think I know where I can find a young pic of me.

*Pauline*
24th July 2007, 06:36 PM
Just to let you know, I kept the pics but I never really got enough.

elaine181000
3rd August 2007, 02:50 PM
I think this is a great idea ... if you still want to do it let me know because I'd be happy to join in :)

*Pauline*
3rd August 2007, 04:03 PM
Sure I'll take the pics but I have hardly any others and most people didn't have scanners to post their baby/toddler pics. Maybe your bumping this post up will encourage others to post some. Thank you.

I do need both baby or toddler and adult pics though.

Chelle & Rex
3rd August 2007, 04:16 PM
I'm getting my friend to scan my pics for me so should have them next wk! Great theme - I love things like this :D

Yvonne117
8th August 2007, 02:55 PM
I dont know how to work my scanner so just laid the old photo on the desk and took a picture with digital camera close up and it came out really well.

Lani
8th August 2007, 03:01 PM
I will send you the grown up pics this time, I promise!

Sue.k
8th August 2007, 04:56 PM
I dont have a scanner but I think if I take a picture with my digital camera of and old photo that should work?? Will try it out and let you guys know, then you might get a lot more pictures Pauline :)

*Pauline*
8th August 2007, 10:49 PM
Some of the pics I had before have been deleted from your Flickr or photo bucket (or whatever you use) accounts so I no longer have them.