• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

holly's back from the groomers

yvonne

Hi guys.
As i told you last week, Holly had her first visit to the groomers. Dropped her off at 9am and collected her at 4pm. She looked so clean after it. Like a fur ball though. I explained i only wanted her trimmed and any knots taken out. She did however trim the top of her feet. She explained it was called a cats paw. If i didn't like it, she wouldn't do it the next time. Think i liked holly more with her hairy paws.
She just looked like she had a trim and i don't think that she took too much off or anything. Still looked nice and hairy.
The girl who did it goes to shows with her large poodles and enters competitions. Awards up everywhere. Looked like a good place. She has a few people working in the shop with her. Think i'll definetly go back there in a few months time. She recommended every 2 to 3 months, but to give her 6 weeks notice as she's always booked up. €43 isn't that bad for every 12 weeks i don't think.
Yvonne

Thats great Yvonne, glad it worked out for you, I know you were a bit nervous getting Holly groomed. I have to say, I get Prince done about every 3 to 4 months, I find when his hair gets too long he looks scruffy, I brush him often but it doesnt make a difference. He is actually due a haircut this month, there is a mobile groomers that come to the house and do it outside my front door, its great. Thats one thing I wasnt keen on in the groomers was leaving him in early and not collecting him until about 5, he was stuck in a cage all day.

I'm leavaing Max into a groomers in Blanchardstown next Friday morning. It's his first time, he almost 2 and never been groomed! He's far too hairy, I trimmed him myself but he hates even being brushed so it's off to the professionals for him, nails, anal glands and she said she would do a 'cavalier cut' for me but I think I'm just going to get it all clipped off. His ears are a bit matted and the hair around his tail and rear end is just too long. The lady sounded nice on the phone and when I said that he'd never had it done before and was sure to absolutely hate it she just said 'oh, that's fine - he'll be ok' so I took confidence in that!

Back