PDA

View Full Version : Professional photos of your Cavalier in San Diego?

ALE
1st May 2007, 04:32 PM
Hello, I'm new to posting so forgive me if I make mistakes... A really cool photographer is trying to come to San Diego on May 11th and will do so if he can schedule more sessions with other dog owners. Unfortunately, I'm currently the only one scheduled right now. As far as I know, the cost of the session, plus 4 8x10 photos and a website link or CD with your photos to choose is $550. Pricey yes, but if you like artsy photos, you may like his work. (I'm doing it because my photos of my tri-color, Maya, come out great when she sits still but I can't get her in action like he can.)

His name is Josh Blumental and his website is here: http://joshblumental.com/

If anyone is interested, you can contact him directly. His email is josh@blumental.us.

Thanks all.

Nancy
1st May 2007, 05:07 PM
He takes amazing shots. I paid for a pro once, the sitting was $100 and included nothing, so while this is expensive it's not that crazy. He's really an artist.

Spencer'sMom
1st May 2007, 07:17 PM
That's actually a great deal, especially since he includes the proof CD. I had professional photos of Spencer taken last year and after ordering 12 5x7 prints (bigger sizes were way too expensive) I paid much more than $550. And I didn't get the digital images.

Cathy T
1st May 2007, 07:43 PM
Gorgeous pictures...but a bit out of my price range...dang it!

moniechris
1st May 2007, 07:47 PM
His work is fantastic!! He really captures the personality of the pups. :D For one, too bad I am in Florida...For two...I could NEVER convince my hubby to pay that much for a photographer. Alas.:(

ALE
1st May 2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks to all for the replies so far. His work is fun, isn't it? Obviously, he doesn't just snap shots of Cavaliers, but as this is the only forum to which I belong (and our pups are the cutest) it made sense to post here.

Maya's my girl (and only 'kid' right now) so I want nice shots of her. (My husband wasn't too keen on paying this either, so I decided to do it by myself. If he wants to be in a shot, he'll have to cough up some dough... :) )

If you know anyone in the San Diego/Orange County area who might be interested (Cav owner or not) please let him/her know. Thanks!