• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scientific American: were pets deliberately poisoned?

I had a hard time reading that without wanting to rip off my computer screen and throw it against the wall.

The whole thing reeks. This, along with a chapter I read out of Pitcairn's most recent book has me convinced I will never ever again purchase a packet of kibble. I'd rather give them a loaf of bread in an emergency... truly! :swear:

I wonder how many dogs & cats really have died. How many people, & their vets, have just though, "oh he died of old age" or some other to be expected ailment. How many people who are not "very doggy people" like us, just don't even know what has gone down.

btw Am I the only one on the board old enough to remember an old Charlton Heston movie entitled Soylent Green? :yikes

Last edited:
I'm old enough, just not informed enough! As for kibble... according to that article, we should be fearing human life due to possibility of additives to bread, pizza, chicken feed, pork feed, vegetarian products, pasta. No offense to my pets, but my childrens well being far exceeds theirs.

Back