PDA

View Full Version : Max Update:

Fi
4th May 2007, 07:57 PM
Well i have just returned from the vets, with no Max, he started fitting again today and he cant breadth and he is only getting over one fit when he enters into another one.

the vet is going to keep him in and put him on a drip and give him phena barbatol, now the deal here is if the phena barbatol doesnt work it means he has a brain tumour, if it does stop him fitting it means he has eplilepsy.

Either way it doesn't look good. i have never seen a dog in the condition Max is in... its breaking my heart.... he couldn't even cough, the vet said if it is eplipesy he can reverse this, as he feels Max is exhausted from the constant fits. he feels we may loose Max as his heart will just stop, he said if this happens... 1. it will be quick and he wont suffer and 2. he is in the right place.

my vet is on duty all weekend so i know Max wont be alone...

been crying for hours now..... crossed paws for max XXX

arasara
4th May 2007, 08:06 PM
oh Fi, I am so sorry. I am crossing my fingers :xfngr: for you guys. I hope you can get all of this straightened out. Please accept my condolances and heartfelt sympathies. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Cinder
4th May 2007, 08:07 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Max. I will keep him in my thoughts and wish feverently for his recovery. I'm sure he's in very competent hands and it is very good to know that he's not alone.

Many hugs for you during this most difficult time! :hug:

Cathy T
4th May 2007, 08:07 PM
Oh Gosh Fi....I'm crying with you!!! I'm so sorry you are having to go through....breaks my heart. Poor Max.

Cleo's Person
4th May 2007, 08:09 PM
Fidelma,

I'm so sorry to hear this. Hopefully, the vet can find out exactly what's wrong with Max and then you can start to make it better. I understand how you must be feeling right now.

My thought are with you right now. :xfngr:

Tanya

Fi
4th May 2007, 11:05 PM
for every hour that passes and the phone doesn't ring i feel we are an hour closer to him recovering... well i hope im right in that thought as he said he would ring if any change.

Thank you for your thoughts X

pippa
4th May 2007, 11:14 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here

Justine
4th May 2007, 11:28 PM
thinking of you,your family and max.

Cathy Moon
4th May 2007, 11:58 PM
So sorry you're going through this Fi. You and Max will be in our thoughts.:hug:

Denise G.
5th May 2007, 12:32 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about little Max. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you both. It sounds like he's in good hands with your vet. Hoping for the best outcome! :xfngr:

KimNIndy
5th May 2007, 01:10 AM
fi i'm so sorry to hear about poor max and i can't imagine what you must be going through. my thoughts are with you....hang in their as it sounds like max is in good hands.
:hug: :hug:

k

Laura&Lia
5th May 2007, 01:30 AM
So sorry to her that news about little Max. Your baby is in the right place.
You are in my thoughts. Hugs.

Caraline
5th May 2007, 01:58 AM
I am so terribly sorry Fi. I've had 3 dogs in the span of my lifetime that had/have seizures so I understand what you are going through. Max is in the best place he could be right now.

The only thing I can offer of comfort, is that Max is almost certainly oblivious of his seizures so he isn't suffering. As violent & painful as a seizure looks, to all intents & purposes he is unconscious.

Your Max will certainly be in my thoughts. :hug:

Fi
5th May 2007, 11:21 AM
This is certainly the hardest post i have ever made....

The vet rang me at 8 this morning to say he had a bad night and that during the seizures his heart was actually stopping, he also started a strong discharge through his nose, which Syd thought was Pneumonia or the on set of it as he was too weak to cough.

You all know what's coming.. The decision was made Max was too ill to recover from this and we put him to sleep...

He said to me i could do this or that with his body but im too upset and dont know what to say.... he was my wee baby, and barely 3

Thank you all for your support... i wonder will Cloe and Lady notice, i felt last night Cloe was sad, but i could be imagining that as i am so upset my self... my kids are heart broken....

Fidelma

Caraline
5th May 2007, 12:00 PM
Oh Fi :( I am so, so sorry. I will light a candle for Max to help shine the way to the Rainbow Bridge, and to help mend your broken heart.

Cathryn
5th May 2007, 12:11 PM
Oh I am so VERY sorry to hear this and my heart goes out to you at this incredibly hard time, Good night Dear Max sleep tight dear one!!

Barbara Nixon
5th May 2007, 12:15 PM
I'm so sorry, Fi. Max is free from any suffering, now.Like Caraline says, vets agree that dogs don't suffer during and aren't aware during a seizure, though it looks terrible.

I had Izzy cremated and his ashes will go with me. Perhaps, you'd like to do the same with Max.

Molly's mom
5th May 2007, 05:07 PM
Fi, words cannot express how sorry I am to hear about Max:(

Zippy
5th May 2007, 05:16 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :flwr: :flwr:

molly
5th May 2007, 05:57 PM
Hugs to you and your family during this difficult time. Max, may you run free and play happy now.

Fi
5th May 2007, 06:49 PM
Thank you all.....

I went down to say good bye to him one last time, and you would swear he was just sleeping, i fixed his hair and rubbed him, gave him a kiss from all the kids and myself, they had him laid out and covered with a blanket, it was lovely for them to invite me to go back, i was afraid to ask....

they said they would take care of everything and i wasn't to worry, they said Cloe and Lady would miss him and to give them extra TLC, we all agreed there was no more that could of been done for max... i was so glad that two weeks ago we brought him and Lady to Newbridge house, we met a fellow cavalier owner there and we were talking she liked Max he was that sort of dog.. he seemed to be everyone's favourite....

im going to do a tribute collage and frame it so he is never forgotten

Shelli
5th May 2007, 09:17 PM
Fi, so sorry to hear about Max :flwr:
My thoughts are with you and your family, and Cloe and Lady. :hug: :hug:

Cathy T
5th May 2007, 09:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Max. Poor little guy...his life was much too short. I'm glad you were able to say goodbye to him and chose to let him go without any suffering. Condolences and warm hugs to you Fi.

pippa
5th May 2007, 09:35 PM
So sorry to hear about Max, you did all you could for him. Thinking of you .

Justine
5th May 2007, 10:37 PM
oh god so so sorry,i hope the children are ok,i told ella when cracker died,that he was a star in the sky,she would point him out every nita.

Pepsi
5th May 2007, 11:00 PM
I'm so sorry.
Paula x

KimNIndy
5th May 2007, 11:06 PM
fi i'm so sorry to hear this. your collage is a wonderful idea and will help you remember max happy and healthy as he is now. run free at the bridge little angel.

xx

Karlin
5th May 2007, 11:59 PM
Fi, I'm so sorry; life was very unfair to Max but I know you gave him a very caring home and worked to do the best for him for as long as this was possible. :flwr:

Lynn
6th May 2007, 12:20 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Max. My heart breaks for you. You did all you could for him and I am sure that he knows this. He knows how much he was loved. He was so lucky to have you as his mum. Big hugs from us here in Maine.

Caraline
6th May 2007, 12:18 PM
I went down to say good bye to him one last time, and you would swear he was just sleeping, i fixed his hair and rubbed him, gave him a kiss from all the kids and myself, they had him laid out and covered with a blanket, it was lovely for them to invite me to go back, i was afraid to ask....

That is so lovely that your vets arranged for you to say your goodbye. It is a bitter sweetness but I think it helps with letting go. The first time I was to see one of my dogs after they had moved on, I was very scared of how I would feel, but it was so peaceful that now I always make sure to see them afterwards if fate deems it that I can not be present when they make their journey.

Shay
6th May 2007, 02:20 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Max. Run free litte Max. *ng*l

Mabel's Mom
6th May 2007, 03:21 PM
Fi,
That sounds very similar to what happened to Mabel earlier this year. It's absolutely heartbreaking. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I take comfort in knowing Mabel isn't struggling anymore...and neither is Max. They are together at the bridge.
Karin

freesia
6th May 2007, 04:41 PM
So sorry to hear about poor Max, at least he has had a few good years with a loving family and you will have all those happy memories, take care.

Friday's Mommy
6th May 2007, 06:09 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Max. From what you wrote I can tell you and your family loved him dearly. Run free little one.

Natalie
6th May 2007, 06:45 PM
i am so sorry for your loss, were all thinking of you and your family.

Fi
6th May 2007, 10:03 PM
Thank you, in reading these message i find it so lovely you all mention he is free of pain and he is running around, i wasnt thinking that was as i was missing him so much, but after reading the posts i feel a lot better.

we are still calling him and stuff and looking for him... its strange... Cloe went to the back garden today and was looking for him... then she looked at us....

so thank you again XXX