• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Had a bit of an "issue"

Bruce H

Today my nephews and I started the privacy fence my back yard. I rented a really cool machine for digging the 8" diameter by 36" deep post holes. It was like a mini bobcat that you walked behind and it operated with hydraulics. At any rate, we finished digging the 30 holes by11:00 am and took the machine back to the rental place. While we were returning the machine, Kris let the dogs out in the back yard. She was up on the deck and suddenly heard some very exciteable barking from one of the puppies. Here is what she saw and actually got a picture of because the camera was out:

485647800_0c0e30ba5e.jpg

One of the puppies (about 5 months old) either jumped or fell into one of the post holes and wasn't quite big enough to get out! Glad it was on Kris's watch and not mine!!

Oh Bruce, how cute!!! Absolutely adorable! I think the sight of something new and interesting was just too much to ignore!

That's what I thought too!! Yes, Kris felt so sorry for him too. But not sorry enough to rescue him immediately; she had to take the time to take a picture first!!

I had actually warned Kris before I left to keep an eye on them because I was worried they might fall in. He was actually never in any real danger. The soil type here is such that it would never collapse. Both Kris and I really did have a good laugh at the poor baby's expense. He did get a good hug when he was rescued.

I rented a really cool machine for digging the 8" diameter by 36" deep post holes. It was like a mini bobcat that you walked behind and it operated with hydraulics.

Bruce, you are such a 'guy'! :lol:

That pic could be a way of explaining how you get baby cavaliers -- just plant them in the spring and by midsummer, you'll have a puppy crop...:fool:

Bruce, you are such a 'guy'! :lol:

That pic could be a way of explaining how you get baby cavaliers -- just plant them in the spring and by midsummer, you'll have a puppy crop...:fool:

:rotfl:

That's hilarious!!

Awww, poor puppy.
Our little pup also went down a hole, but it was a drain hole. Thankfully he wasn't too dirty or traumatised by the incident. :)

Bruce,

It was just a friendly game of hide and seek and the barking puppy had found his/her littermates. Whoever thought to hide in the hole and what a smart puppy to look into the hole to find the little scamp.

Oh, yeah. If you had simply left the post hole digger in the back yard overnight, we Cavaliers could have dug your holes for you while you slept. Lacking the appropriate mechanical equipment, and given the number of puppies you have running around, you could have simply spay painted where you wanted the holes and we could have dug them the manual way. :lol:

Ruby and Sydney in Virginia :paw:

Last edited:
:rotfl: :rotfl: Absolutley brilliant...what a great pic :snap: ....and a right wee cutie :D

Cute!

Bruce! That is the cutest picture. When I have Abbey out anywhere, my camera is never far behind! You never know what cute thing they are going to do next! Thanks for sharing!

Back