• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Names for tri female cav puppy

ness

Hi im getting a little tri girl in june she is only for weeks old at the moment so I have pleanty of time to think of names for her. Does anyone have any suggestions?

At first we were going to get a girl (but ended up with another boy) and we were going to name her either Stella or Ella.
It is so fun to think up girl names - good luck!

Thanks danalynn :) those are cute names! I have an old cat named Bella though so it kinda rymes lol but they are very cute names I acctually had them on my list but I dont know if I should call her that because it sounds to much like Bella. Here are some names I had on my list, What do you think?
Mia
Chloe
Ellie
Willow/Willa
Molly
Lucy
Indigo, Indi for short
Cleo
Leia
Sky
Misha
Saphire, Saffy for short
Gemma
Maya
Sophie
Emily
Bonnie
It so hard to decide! I was thinking I should choose an english name because cavs are english. But I dont know I like the names that arnt english too.

Congrats on the upcoming new puppy! cl*p I love Ellie, Misha and Indigo (Indi). We're thinking that we might look into a rescue in a year or so...so, of course, I've already been thinking about names that will go well with Gracie. I'm always thinking of about a million things at once! :rolleyes: Here are some that we've come up with so far:
Olivia (Livie for short)
Galina (Lina)
Piper
Bailey
Izzy
Audrey
Hope

Good luck! Let us know what you decide!!

Thanks Gracie's mommy :) Yep I will let you know what I name her and I will post pics when I get her too :D

Bonnie definately stood out for me :flwr:

I also like Summer, April, Freddie, Kimmy

:D Hope that helps in anyway

Thanks cavalicious :) Bonnie is my mum's fav's too! I think it would suit because it's an english name and the meaning for it is pretty and cavs are very pretty dogs!

Congrats on your soon to be puppy!!
Out of your list the name i liked best was Leia....seems very grande and princessy to me..
so are you definitely going to have a name from that list..or are you still open to suggestions (just curious)
however i think all of the names you have are lovely

It will seem along time till you fetch her here are a few names
Abbie
Molly
Milly
Emma
Tilly
Susie
Lucy
Penny
Hope
-----Aileen and the gang (Jazzie--Barney---Sam)

I met the sweetest little Whippet today named Grace, but her mumma calls her Gracie. So today, if I was getting a little girl, she'd be Grace.

:w**h**:, but I'm biased on that one! Our Gracie's name is Amazing Grace Flights of Fancy.

Love Emma, too! Sounds very English to me?

Last edited:
Hi a friend of mine is picking up her dog in 3 weeks and she is calling her millie. I'm sure you could borrow it:rotfl:good luck with your new puppy:D

I like Sophie, Chloe and Lucy from your list. I also like Fiona (British), Sally and Mikkie.
Pam

We're getting our pup (FINALLY!) this weekend and the family has decided she will be called "Fergie."

I wanted a British name too and was running through English Literature trying to find something. I was partial to Tess....

But darling daughter wanted a pop star name. Soo.... this was the compromise.... meeting both criteria ;)

Last edited:
Hi Ness

We have a tri-boy called Rio, I think it suits as a male/female name, you can steal that name if you like :)

My friend's whippet cross is called Weegil basically because she is "a wee girl" "small girl" :) I think it's a cute unusual name.

My Aunts female dogs are called Breha pronunced "Breeea" and Jenna, Shona Kim and Megan.

There are two other little Cavies in Rio's training classes called Yuna pronounced "Yooona" and Sasha.

If we ever get another Cav and it's female I think the name Leila is nice or the other spelling Layla.

Hope those help :)

Oh, I really like Gemma and Lucy! I can see how you don't want rhyming names, we had to consider that our other two.
Once you see her the name will come. We had a named picked out for Colin and changed it to Colin once we got him.

Back