• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hair

IzzieBell&MommyBell

Today Isabelle and I were in the PetSmart parking lot (more toys...) and who should we meet but another Cavalier. He is a eight month old tri, named Hamlet, of coarse adorable and sweet, and the hair on his back was about 4 inches long. Izzie's back hair is about 2-3 inches (the white is longer than the red) at 10 months. Is he normal or is she? Has anyone else expereinced the color of hair affecting how fast it grows before?

Thank you.

Molly (blenheim) has much shorter hair than our tri colored Max. Both are the same age, different litters though. Max's hair has grown in so nicely and Molly still seems to be struggling to get much hair growth on her body. I have no idea if the reason to this is due to different gene pools they come from or if it's their coloring......?

I'm definitely no expert (in fact far from it, LOL!), but I would guess that it is genetics and would perhaps have something to do with the sire and dam, etc. Not sure if coloring makes a difference? Maybe someone else can shed some light on this, interesting question!

Oh yes, there is a big difference between Harry and Digby's hair. Harry (my Tri) has really thick fluffy hair that grows very quickly where as Digby (blen) has smooth silky hair and is much easier to manage. Harry has hair like wool but they are both delicously snuggley :) .

King has very soft silky straight hair where as a cavalier friend Rocky (tri) has hair that is very puffed up...Kinda like a puff ball, its very weird

I've seen that the black hair on my tris grows longer than the white. Jake is mostly black and his coat is very long whereas Shelby is mostly white and her coat is short.

Sonny has very soft, long silky hair. He is still intact. I don't know if it is true but our breeder said that the neutered males get a very thick woolly coat? Sonny's coat seems to grow in different directions. I am not used to that as all my other dogs (different breeds) coats all ran the one way. But I figure the different direction of coats thingy is the norm?

Beau is still a puppy, so he still has his little puppy coat. It is going to be good fun to watch him transform.

Our breeder said that tri's tend to get thicker, denser coats than the Blenheims. The black also seems to fill in more than the red (tri's often lose their blaze even though they have them as puppies). Spaying and neutering also change the hormonal milieu which produces a thicker, more woolly coat. So I have heard!

I don't think Wallis's (blen) coat could be much thicker. And Tibby (our ruby puppy mill rescue) has a thin coat. Did anyone say genetics? W's breeder had several show dogs from her kennel. Who knows what was in T's kennel!

Hi there, I have a Ruby girl 7months called Tula. Her coat is still realy short, she has started to get a featherd tail and on her feet and legs but I've been looking around at photos and her coat seems VERY short for her age.

I was wondering if this is normal and is she going to get a nice long tick coat all over?

I dont know how to get photos on here but i will give it ago later.

Thanks.

Back