PDA

View Full Version : collar width - what width??

Lexie
7th May 2007, 05:03 PM
I just logged on at work, I don't normally do this but I am caught up.icon_whistling

I was wondering what width of collar most people get for there cavs.
I know it is definately time to get my pup a new one it but I cannot decide what width to go with.

arasara
7th May 2007, 05:07 PM
Hi :)

Both Kosmo and Faith have small Douglas Paquette collars.

The product description is:

NARROW 5/8” (XS,S)

That size is good for both of them. :)

moniechris
7th May 2007, 05:57 PM
If you are using it just to look pretty, then any size will do :D

I don't usually walk my cavies on the leash with the collar, I use a harness. My trainer told me that especially with little dogs, to use a wider collar (and inch) to prevent small pressure points on their trachea.:eek: Wesley and Stewie are especially bad at pulling on the leash so I always go wider to avoid injury.;)

*Pauline*
8th May 2007, 10:35 PM
My trainer told me that especially with little dogs, to use a wider collar (and inch) to prevent small pressure points on their trachea.:eek:

Very good point.

luvzcavs
9th May 2007, 08:46 AM
I would not recommend a collar for walking a cav but for safety incase lost I use one all the time. I prefer 1/2 inch but these can be hard to come by in the material I need so I got 5/8 ". I think the more delicate the better if they are wearing them all the time and not used for walking. :)

Lexie
20th May 2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the input. I use her collar for her tags and the old one was getting too small. I ended up going with the 5/8".