• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Frozen NV bones

moniechris

So I am quite curious about feeding these as I am a OCD germa-phobe. I bit the bullet last night and bought 2 frozen bison bones that have the marrow still inside of them from my favorite petshop.

I know lots of you feed Turkey necks...do you feed them the NV kind or from the butcher?

Do you defrost the bone first? If you give it to them frozen, can you re-freeze it afterwards? How do you deal with clean up?

I baby gated Cody in the kitchen to see how he would like it and he LOOOOVED the bone. He didn't really chew it, but he just licked half of the marrow out of it. He also ate it on his dog bed :eek: So of course that went straight into the wash afterwards. How sanitary is this?

Back