PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: SHE'S FREE! Clearout of dogs

Karlin
10th May 2007, 05:01 PM
I accidentally deleted the full thread -- meant to just delete the majority of posts to retain as much anonymity as possible.

This dog is hopefully now getting sorted. May need to be collected this evening though -- we are waiting to see.

Please no one else ring regarding her though. In situations like this, if people want to work together to try to sort a dog, arrange for ONE person to ring as otherwise the price goes up and it is less likely we can get the dog. :thmbsup: I know lots want to help but the best way is to make a plan and for there to be a single person ringing as if they wish to get the dog. I can almost always help out -- and if someone wants to see if I can, post to the board for so eone to give my number to you as several people have my mobile. :)

Karlin
10th May 2007, 05:02 PM
PS if anyone is right in the Wex area and can collect this dog right away -- we will organise a link up to get the dog to her foster!

Karlin
11th May 2007, 12:25 PM
She should be a free dog by mid-afternoon today -- fingers crossed. I will post when I know she is out.

casshon
11th May 2007, 12:42 PM
That's great news - good work everyone.
I hope this poor little girl finds a wonderful home.

sallymum
11th May 2007, 01:11 PM
Fingers crossed

Justine
11th May 2007, 02:49 PM
well done to for the team work,just shows what they can all do.cant wait to hear all about her please karlin let us all know soon.

Justine
11th May 2007, 03:10 PM
also when she is settled perhaps a few pics.

Sue.k
11th May 2007, 04:27 PM
Thats great news :rah:

Karlin
11th May 2007, 06:05 PM
She is out and SAFE!
:mexwav:
One less puppy farm cavalier now; she'll be off to a new life before long. :). Not accustomed to people, not housetrained as she has lived in a shed, and a bit frightened so she will take some work.

STELLAR work by all involved, in particular Sallymum, Justine and Coconut who pulled together the final details and travel and fostering arrangements. Many thanks to one VERY GENEROUS donor who paid for her to come out but wishes to be anonymous. :flwr:

It doesn't take a big organisation to make a difference; there is a LOT of power and capability within every individual!

Jen
11th May 2007, 07:19 PM
Excellent work everyone!!!:rah:

Justine
11th May 2007, 08:30 PM
yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.thanks to people like karlin who make us see what is going on.

coconut
11th May 2007, 08:33 PM
hi all i am just back from collecting this lady!!

As karlin says she is not acustom to people at all but when i got her to sallymum she was in gor form and came out of the box we had her in and had a smell around! she is quiet thin alright but she has a lovely coat - so off to a new home with her:rah:

Karlin if u need any more help u have my number:thmbsup:

Justine
11th May 2007, 09:12 PM
hope you can put your feet up and have a drink.

coconut
11th May 2007, 10:10 PM
finally getting to sit down with my 2 boys now and relax for the rest of the evening!!

Justine
11th May 2007, 10:15 PM
well done you deserve a rest,well done and many thanks,i couldnt drive as i fell agian and foot still sore,i wish we could help more cavs,i hope she was a good girl for you.

coconut
11th May 2007, 10:27 PM
yeah she is a good girl bless her!

Karlin
11th May 2007, 10:50 PM
Tonight will probably be the first time she has seen the inside of a house and a really decent meal. :)

coconut
11th May 2007, 11:25 PM
yeah i was thinking that myself, i hope taht she enjoys the warm home and the nice meal\11

sallymum
12th May 2007, 12:17 AM
Tess as she is called is a very scared little lady. I have her in a quite room at the moment to let her relax as the poor thing is a bag of nerves. By the way she is behaving towards everything id say she has never done anything in her short little life but been stuck in a shed, prob never seen anyone, apart from her lovely owner id say who probaly fed and watered her, not much else and have pups
Im no expert on dogs ages but to me she doesnt look 4 more like 2-3
this might be her first night in a house but as for her meal she wont even look at it or her water, i have left them with her hopfully she will go to them during the night if she is hungry.
I havent let her and my lot together as when she seen them when she came in first she started trembling. There will be time enough for them to meet when she settles hopefully.

Justine
12th May 2007, 10:14 AM
its good to know she is safe with you,and i thought she was younger than 4 by the photo of her.i think your great for taking her in,well done.it wont take to long for her to feel safe agian,they know they are in a better place real quick.

coconut
12th May 2007, 12:02 PM
sallymum i think u are right about her age she doesn't look to old at all! when i got home and was looking at fred was is 8 months and is always very active, i thought about what u said about her being thin and she is near the same as him how is that as all she did was spend time in the shed!!

Karlin i will pm u later trying to get my BELOVED to give me his laptop to use as he has the computer connected to the big telly and it kills my eyes!!

Sallymum's tahnks again for taking her in, if u need anything u know where i am :-)

Karlin
12th May 2007, 02:56 PM
Here she is:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/220/494697558_ea8eda23f6.jpg

Barbara Nixon
12th May 2007, 04:14 PM
What a lovely girl. She's going to make someone very happy. Let's hope the other dogs are as lucky as she.

sallymum
12th May 2007, 06:36 PM
What a change in a couple of hrs.Megan as my kids are now calling her is walking around, eating playing with the other dogs, she has let me bath her and is even walking on a lead. Amazing what a couple of hrs can do.

Cathryn
12th May 2007, 06:58 PM
What a change in a couple of hrs.Megan as my kids are now calling her is walking around, eating playing with the other dogs, she has let me bath her and is even walking on a lead. Amazing what a couple of hrs can do.

Oh bless her! That is so good to hear, she looks a very loving little girl and I am sure she will come out of her shell even more over the next few days of loving care. I am glad there is a good outcome for this little girl, she is one of the lucky one's!!

Justine
12th May 2007, 08:29 PM
good to hear about how she is coping.well done sallymum.

Cleo's Person
12th May 2007, 08:41 PM
I'm so glad to hear Meagan is doing well. Sallymum and everyone else involved, you're fabulous to rescue her.

Friday's Mommy
13th May 2007, 07:09 AM
You guys are great! Job well done. She's on her way to a well deserved, happy life. She got her ticket out! Thank goodness.

Azriel
13th May 2007, 08:31 AM
well done!!!! sounds like megan is in for a good life from now on and she is smart enough to start enjoying it right away! heehee. glad to hear she is adjusting so well. keep us posted.

OhMarley
13th May 2007, 01:18 PM
Keep us updated if you can, I would love to hear how she goes, poor darling, at least she's away from that horrible place now.

blue_star
13th May 2007, 09:36 PM
Hi everyone,
I've just returned from holiday so I'm only just catching up on things so I don't completely understand the thread. Could someone fill me in please?

Caraline
14th May 2007, 05:14 AM
You guys are just the greatest. I've bot a big lump in my throat.

Sue.k
14th May 2007, 09:52 AM
I am so happy for the little one, she does look alot younger than 4, the poor baby :( At least now she can enjoy her life and play :dogwlk:

Karlin
14th May 2007, 01:11 PM
Basically a puppy farmer was selling a small number of dogs and one was cavalier. People here in Ireland rallied to pay to get her and transport her to foster so she is now out and will be rehomed once we've had a chance to spay her and work to make her less fearful and also hopefully ge her housetrained.

She is actually only about 2.5 to 3, the former owner *thinks*. Problem is it is very hard to tell as no real records exist and dogs can look both much older and much younger than they are. With cavaliers because of their puppy-like looks and playfulness, people often guess they are much younger than they actually are (I regularly have new owners insist their new dog must be younger than I have said but in many cases I have the papers to prove they are the age they are -- people just tend to think this breed is younger than it is). It is hard to guess an age as you are going mainly by teeth but that's always just a best guess unless the dog is quite young.

brid kenny
14th May 2007, 01:25 PM
I totally missed out on this thread as computer crashed. Sorry I couldn't be of help. Sog looks gorgeous. Well done Sally's mum. Fostering is great isn't it!

Sandrac
14th May 2007, 01:30 PM
What a wonderful job you have all done in rescuing this dear girl - well done all of you for giving her a new life with love (something that she will now have plenty of) :rah:

niamhx
14th May 2007, 01:39 PM
What has the world come to if people are allowed to do this, he had 4-5 dogs to clear out what a horrible statement. :(

Well done everyone:lotsaluv:you should all be very be proud of yourselfs:D

NB!!: Edited by Karlin -- PLEASE remember not to not name locations where situations like this were found (or link to any specific sites, which wasn't done here). There are legal implications for everyone's posts and for me and this site as soon as the source becomes identifiable. :thmbsup:. There is detailed information on whether things people post are libelous in the Getting Started section. :)

Kimmisue
16th May 2007, 02:42 AM
I actually cried when reading this... Good job guys ..

Remali
16th May 2007, 04:38 AM
I am so happy she is safe and OK now. she is so sweet and has such beautiful pleading eyes, what a love she is!

Karlin
19th May 2007, 10:05 PM
Well I finally met this girl today. Sallymum fostered her through her spay but it was time for her to go to Tara as she is a bit growly and can be snappy at the moment; she is very scared and anxious in new situations and can be around some people in specific; who knows how she makes such decisions but she does.

Coconut brought her to me and I drove her to TKC; all safely crated as she was quite nervous about all this transport and new people business. Tara brought her into the house, then we opened the crate door to let her come out in her own time while we made some tea. She crept out after a little bit, tail between legs, and it is clear she has been heavily and recently used for breeding; her nipples are huge.

Tara is pretty amazing; within a very short time she had her coming over to be pet and handled and eventually she took some chicken from her hand and after that Tara was her new best friend. :lol: She was eventually able to lift her onto her lap while we talked and she settled in quite happily, not nervous at all.

She also really liked Jaspar; frankly, she was a bit of a tart as she's still a bit in heat, probably -- she was spayed during her heat (normally this would not be done, but we were afraid she could be pregnant from running with other dogs). Jaspar was friendly but found her a bit of a pest a few times! They are just about the same size and both blenheims made a nice matching pair running around. She liked running out back on the lawn and sat in the sunshine for a while.

Tara thinks she will settle very quickly; she just needs to learn to trust people more. A dog for an adult home however and ideally with another dog companion. She will be really pretty too once her coat comes back in. :)

Justine
20th May 2007, 10:55 AM
ahhhhhhhh karlin,glad you have met her,nice to hear that a good ending is close.you made me chuckle calling her a TART.so funny.hope all gos well.

coconut
20th May 2007, 12:25 PM
that is great to hear karlin, i am glad that she settle after awhile, i think she was not use to all the travelling in cars and i really think she just did not like me looking in at her she seems to be the type that wants to come to u off her own back and i am just thankful that she is with tara now and getting the training she needs!!!

PS jaspar is a really handsome fella, it was lovely to finaly meet u both!!

Karlin
21st May 2007, 04:32 PM
For anyone interested, Tara has started a thread on this dog, 'Megan', in the breed rescue section -- with a pic of her sitting outside in the sun. We will update as she gets ready for a new home. :)

Karlin
22nd May 2007, 01:06 PM
Some new pics added by Tara on the other thread but for anyone not following that one, thought I'd add this one here; she looks so relaxed. Freedom in the sunshine!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/TaraChoules/Image034.jpg

*Pauline*
22nd May 2007, 02:26 PM
How many litters do you think she had? She has a wrinkly tummy like me!! :o