• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

what hours do you all work?

emmawright

Hi all, i went for a job interview today and i got the job (yay!) it is part time, working one week: monday, wednesday and friday and the other week: tuesday, thursday and saturday. The hours are 9.00 - 5.30. I am sure Daisy and Bluebell will be ok as it will only be 3 days a week, and my husband works from home most days, so they will have him for company. I do feel a bit nervous about leaving them, but i am sure they will be ok. Just wondered if any of you work part time, or full time? do you leave your cavs for some days? Hope i am doing the right thing, i won't be away every day, just 3 days a week. Plus daisy will have company once we get Bluebell at the end of this month.

Congratulations on your new job!!! I'm am sure the girls will be fine. There are lots of members here that work and especially if your hubby works from home mostly. Just get them into a routine that they can get used to!! It would be hard to crate them from 9:30-5:30 every day, so either block off a tiled room or set up an xpen.;)

I work from 7am-4pm Mon-Fri and I corral my guys in the kitchen with a baby gate. They have soft music playing, lots of toys, beds and room to romp so they are usually asleep when I get home. :D

Congratulations on the job!! I work full time, 9-5, and Fiona has adjusted incredibly well to her x-pen during the week. she knows what to expect, and doesnt throw a fit like she used to...she also seems to know that she shouldnt be in her pen on the weekend, so sometimes if we have to put her there for an hour or so, she whines because she knows weekend time is people time! It's funny. Luckily my bf works 10 minute from our house, so he will come home for lunch a lot and play with Fiona then. It shouldnt be a problem with your pups once you get them used to the routine! I wouldnt crate them for that long though.

a couple of hours, a couple of days a week I work at hubby's business 3 miles away.

My other job I work from home, on a casual basis, but I've got the next 4 months off :) :) :) :)

I work 8:00 to 5:00, 4 days a week, 2 minutes from home. I'm home an hour for lunch.

They do just fine. The kids are home early afternoon. If your husband is home most of the day they'll have plenty of company and each other too pretty soon.

I've different schedule every month, now I'm working mon to thurs from 22 p.m. to 8 p.m.. Victor works from 10 to 18h mon to fri with a break for have lunch at home. He has a little flexible schedule so he can stay with Lia the mornings I work.

Congratulations on your new job, both my wife lLisa and I work, I work full time on a shift pattern(im a bus driver) and Lisa works 3 mornings a week, those 3 mornings Lisa works are the only days our dogs are left for a few hours, but they cope no problem...our 2 have the run of the house, but we usually find them cuddled up together on the sofa :luv:

Your dogs will be fine, try not to worry too much :hug:

work 4 days a week and leave 8.30 to drop my son to school and get home at 2.30pm. When hubby gets up he takes both dogs for a walk then they get fed and then shut in the kitchen with a puppy gate with their baskets the radio on and toys and treats. When I get home they are always asleep. After our evening meal we take them both over the fields to run off any excess energy. As others say they are fine as long as they have the same routine each day.

Congratulations on the job Emma! :D

With 2 dogs you don't have to worry about them becoming lonely. Yes my hubby & I work 2 days per week. We have an enclosed veranda that our dogs are safe in, so we don't have any worried about destructive behaviour or getting into mischief while we are away. We just leave plenty of toys out for them. They are now so relaxed about our routine they don't even look out for us when we are leaving, they just settle down with their toys & bickies.

I work 2-3 days, hubby 4. One of us can always come home for lunch, and oftentimes our days off don't match up, so Scout is usually only "alone" for 1-2 days a week. I figure he needs to get used to being on his own at times, anyway! ;) I'd love to get another dog at some point, but I doubt we'll do that for awhile.

I have a really great dog walker come in and take Scout out mid-morning, then hubby or I come home from 1-2 PM, then we're home by 5. He whines a little of course, but seems to do just fine. I usually throw a Kong in his x-pen when I put him in there and he totally forgets I'm walking out the door. He is SO excited when we come home ... his whole body postiively vibrates with happiness! :)

The tricky part is when we go out for an extended amt. of time, like out to dinner.

Congrats on the new job!

Congrats on the new job!! i work full time 8-4 and if i am on til overtime i could be working 8-10 but my h2b works from home and my ma lives with us so she minds the lil boys!

Good luck in ur new job. I work a couple of evening a week, and also over the weekends so there is always someone at home with the dogs oh yeah and the kids. occasionally i will be asked to go in during the day to cover for someone sick and they seem to be ok. Sally and toby are left in the kitchen and Sam has the run of the house, he usually ends up in the bed asleep.

COngrats on the new job!! I hope it works out well for you.

Mark works 5 days a week from 9 - 7 and I work away from home 4 days a week from 9-6, but my mam comes in a visits Cleo every day and takes her for a walk. Cleo doesn't seem to mind at all. She has an enormous crate, which we have removed the end door from, and its right next to the doggie door so she has the run of that and our backyard while we're out. We always leave a variety of toys there for her and she seems fine. Obviously she knows that evenings and the weekend are people time and she does go completely nuts for the first 15 minutes we're home, but once she has a visit and a long walk in the middle of the day, I don't worry about it. If she had another dog to play with I wouldn't be at all concerned as they are company for each other. I think I've got agreement from Mark for a 2nd cav when we get a bigger place! Yipee!

thanks for all the replies, once we get Bluebell it will be company for Daisy so i am sure she will be fine, they will have the run of our kitchen which is quite big and also the run of the utility room, so i think they will be ok. Might just have a few accidents to clean up once i get home!

Congratulations on the new job!!

I'm very lucky to be able to take Toby to work with me, he sleeps under the desk beside me. He also has the company of Archie which is the other Cavalier in the family. I get chance to take them out a couple of times a day. They get soo much fuss from everyone walking in and out and they have the run of the offices and go and visit other people. Toby is extremely good and will not go out of the open doors unless I am with him, which is especially good seeing as I work in a transport company which means there are loads of lorries around. Archie is another matter as he is only 2 and has to be watch constantly. In the summer he has his expendable lead on so he still has a bit of freedom but it also means he can get out the door.

Hi I work two nights a week from 9 in the evening till 8 in the morning so it's not a problem. My husband feeds finn in the morning and lets him play for an hour before he drops the children to school at which point im in bed finn goes back into his crate I sleep till around 12. I don't think finn minds for one day the other night is always a weekend night so everyones here at home.:D

Congratulations on your new job!:)

It's very reassuring to read what hours you all work as I also worry about leaving Sally on her own when we are at work. We both work full time. I'm a nurse and work on a shift pattern of earlies (7am-14:30), lates (13:30-21:30) and nights (21:15-07:15). At the moment while Sally is only 3 months old I'm working weekends and nights while my boyfriend is off so there's almost always one of us at home to train her. My boyfriend works 9-5 mon-fri.

Congratulations on your new job!!

I am a full time mum, we have 2 special needs children, so I am at home most of the time throughout the day, hubby works night shifts 11p.m-3p.m
So there is always some-one here for the kids and the dogs!

Back