• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

stairs for bed/couch??

Azriel

i all-
just wondering if any of you have stairs for your dogs to get on adn off couches and beds. my boyfriend chihuahua learned to look pathetically at you until you picked her up adn put her on the bed, but she likes to get up and down suring the day when no one was home. its such a big jump for her that we got her stairs for safety. she was soooo happy, she had to show every person who came to the house for a week. heehee. cavs are obviously a bit bigger but i would think it still may be helpful (esp on joints) and was wondering if anyone had a cav that would use the stairs. thanks.

We have footstool at the foot of our bed to help the dogs because our bed is fairly high. They don't have any problems getting on or off the couches, though.

We have several high density foam steps (4, 5 and 6 steps) for the couches and beds. All the dogs use them. Although Spike at 9 mos. thinks he's Superman and makes flying leaps off the highest bed!

I have some rubbermaid steps that Wallis used to use, but now she hits the bottom step and goes sliding across the floor so we've moved them. I have a ramp that is a great idea, but they never quite got the hang of that.

I thought it was a rule that we had to pick them up and put them on the chairs with us. They sure seem to think so! The cat is the only one in the group who will jump up onto anything.

Ruby's only 20 wks. old and still pretty small, and she hasn't had a problem with the couch for several weeks. She flies off the couch, which makes me a little nervous, but she loves it. She's now jumping on and off a higher chair, and my husband said that she jumped up on our bed last night for the first time. She won't jump off, though, and will lie there at the edge and whine until I get her down. I swear sometimes I think that dog is part cat because she can just leap! I had thought about the stairs in the beginning, but I wanted to wait until she was older to make sure she needed them. For now, she's fine without them. If we ever got a higher bed, then maybe, because she sleeps with us every night.

Back