• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

questiona bout nylabones

Battie4

I was wondering is it ok to feeed nylabones to puppy? Well I mean is there a number I should cap the puppy at as to how many nylabones she can chew on? Waffles LOVES them and will chew on one for hours if she could, but is there anything wrong/bad with feeding too many nylabones? She gets those petite healthy nylabonesthat are flavored like pork or chickena dns tuff

Are they the cornstarch, editable or flexible ones? The editable gave Kodee the scoots mighty fast, the cornstartch she is ok with but I do notice her stools might be a tad looser if she goes at one 24/7 so I give it to her and put up when she is done. The plastic type she has a few lying around and I just watch they are not flecking off bits and getting worn down. Kodee had a big need to chew till 4 mths she has slowed down alot at 5 mths and only chews a cornstartch one or small twisted rawhide stick about 1 or 2 days for maybe 20 min now.

Ruby did okay with edible one, but I've only given her one ever. She only liked the hard plastic ones for a couple of days because they lose their flavor so fast. She LOVES the nylabone plastic teething keys, and she's chewed them so much that they are breaking off at the ends. I'll probably have to get her the ones for bigger dogs because they're thicker and sturdier.

Ruby did okay with edible one, but I've only given her one ever. She only liked the hard plastic ones for a couple of days because they lose their flavor so fast. She LOVES the nylabone plastic teething keys, and she's chewed them so much that they are breaking off at the ends. I'll probably have to get her the ones for bigger dogs because they're thicker and sturdier.

Bailey loved those keys too! He eventually got each key off the ring, and started ingesting bits, so we had to throw them away and buy new ones. We bought a larger, sturdier nylabone and he loves it. The person at the dog specialty shop suggested we get a nylabone one size bigger so that he isn't able to destroy it as quickly, and it's worked great!

As for the edible ones, we tried one once, and he ended up getting diarrhea from it, so we now steer clear of those.

Back