• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ulcer

Shelli

Last night I noticed that Moo couldnt keep his eye open and it was a bit bloodshot. This morning it was still the same so I rang the vet who said it was probably just conjuntivitis but to bring him in. Turns out he has a huge ulcer on his eye. Got drops for it and he said it should start to reduce in about a week. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same, and how long before it should be fully healed? Thanks in advance :)

There are a couple of recent threads on this topic if you try a search -- most I think are in this section though so you could scroll through the las few pages as well.

Generally they do clear up unless there's another problem causing them -- eg if ingrowing eyelashes are repeatedly scraping the cornea. Or if a dog has a condition called dry eye where they need drops daily to keep their eyes moist. Most likely it will be all clear by the time you go back; if not, your vet will know what steps to take next.

Back