• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oh Look Out Tues :(

Kodee

My day will start with taking Kodee for her spay/hernia repair at 7:30 - oh she pouts/whines/well breaks down if I leave a room somedays. She is not going to be happy when they trot her off and then shove her in a cage without me!

I leave her and go off to get the cast made of my right leg for the brace. Get a 2 hr break and then go off to the hospital for a rather unpleasant test (enough said there) hopefully with pleasant results! I'm sure I will be my usual crumpy self x100 after.

I am then picking Kodee up at 5:30 and we will see who is crying in pain more - me or her and who shall nurse who the next day :eek:

How did I EVER manage to book all this on one day? Where was my head?

Oh now that is going to be a tricky day all together, firstly I hope that Kodee's surgery goes well, I'm sure it will, you will be climbing the walls trying to keep her still for fear she'll pull her stitches I can tell you!

Secondly I hope that you fitting and unmentionable test go well and that you get the "pleasant" result you are hoping for!

I will be thinking of you!! Big Kiss and a gentle hug to Kodee! :flwr: :flwr:

Hugs to both of you! Hope everything goes well and that tomorrow you will both be back to being well. How long will you need to wear the brace?

Debbie.....I hope all goes well for both you and Kodee. We'll be thinking of you both tomorrow. Hugs coming your way :hug: .

Hugs to both of you! Hope everything goes well and that tomorrow you will both be back to being well. How long will you need to wear the brace?
The braces are to stop progression. Unfortunately they will not correct - so all day, everyday.

Awww that doesn't sound like it is going to be a fun day. Hey, but maybe in a twisted warped sort of way, keeping your mind occupied on something other than Kodee will make the day pass quickly and then you'll both be home together commiserating. :hug:

Awww that doesn't sound like it is going to be a fun day. Hey, but maybe in a twisted warped sort of way, keeping your mind occupied on something other than Kodee will make the day pass quickly and then you'll both be home together commiserating. :hug:
Speaking of which.. how much pain will she be in. No matter which door she goes out, she has to conquer 2 steep steps. Carrying her is out for me - will I be risking she pull her stitches by letting her go up and down?? Darn why did i not think of that before! The day after her surgery I will have help in the morning but late afternoon and on Thurs she is going to have to use the steps or well large supply of rug cleaner needs to be bought! :sl*p:

My vet said that Lily should not do steps on jump on furniture for the first 48 hours. He said after that, it would be hard to stop her, which it was. I had 18 steps I carried her up and down for 2 1/2 days! Her Surgery was on Friday and by Monday she was o.k. going up and down the steps. As far as pain, for Lily at least, she petty much slept from the time I picked her up at 4:00 P.M. on Friday until 8:00 the next morning. He sent her home with 4 pain pills and I gave her one Friday night and Saturday night. She would just make little whimpering sounds on Friday, but in her sleep. By Saturday evening, it has hard to keep her still. I had to put her in her crate to keep her quiet. By Sunday, she was wanting to play like nothing happened, and didn't need anymore of her pain medication. They really bounce back pretty quickly.

If it is only 2 steps, could you rig up a little ramp for her.... kind of something about as long as a door, so the slope is not too steep & slippery? Maybe 2 steps isn't such an issue anyway. I don't think I can even think of any houses that don't have at least 1 or 2 steps out the front or back door.

Debbie,

It sounds like you're going to have a horrible day today. But at least it will all be over in one fell swoop. As for the steps, if you can rig up a ramp type thing, it's only a few steps so she should be fine. 2 days after Cleo had her spay, I wnet upstairs to get some ironing, while she snoozed on a rug downstairs. Next thing I heard a scraping on the stairs, the little yoke had climbed very slowly up the stairs to see me :eek: . Well that was that didn't leave her side again for a good few days, which she hugely enjoyed! So no matter what you what you do, Kodee will do her own thing as soon as she feels she's able, regardless of the vets instructions!

Kodee will do her own thing as soon as she feels she's able, regardless of the vets instructions!
That is why Kodee fits this family like a glove - 3 females (4 with Kodee) ALL who act that way. Sometimes I feel a little for my lone male husband.

My baby left at 7:15 :( I dont see why I cant have visiting priviledges this afternoon.... yup I am THAT silly!

Good luck..

Harvey sends Kodee a big lick and snuggle, hope your Wednesday is better. Harvey is actually trying to lick my computer screen so definately sending his love...

Debbie,

I know not having visiting privileges is very difficult, especially when they have to stay in for a few days. The only way I could reconcile myself to it was that she'd probably only get even more upset if I did get to visit.

At least Kodee will be home tonight though and you ladies can convalese together!

Question: She is having a hernia repair and spay but they called to say they may remove her incisors too... isnt that an awful lot to go through in one day? Kodee does not handle these things well! Anyone had all that done in one day?

They said she is to wear the cone for 2 wks - ya right, Kodee will be freaking within the hr with that on. Now my lab I took it off within the hr. OK she got at it when I wasnt looking and 2 stitches popped but she ended up ok. I did buy the baby suit thing - but wont she just chew at the itching through it?

Debbie,

Firstly I know nothing about teeth so I can't comment on the incisors. When Cleo was spayed she had 2 hernias removed at the same time. 3 vets checked her out beforehand, and I was told they weren't in the usual place for umbilical hernias - I don't know if this was right or not, but one of the vets said that if Cleo wasn't a girl, she would have thought that the hernias were undescended testes.

I was so worried getting this all done at once, but Shane, the vet, assured me that the horrible part for Cleo would be the anesthetic and the discomfort afterwards and that really she would sleep most of the first few days anyway and that it was better to do the whole lot altogether so that she only had one bout of uncomfortable days rather than repeatedly haveing to do operations thus prolonging her pain etc.

As for the collar, he said that I could take it off Cleo, but that if I did she might go at her stitches and try to pull them out. Which she did, so I kept the collar on her. At first she was really funny with it as she tried to work out a new idea of spacial awareness and where she could or could not fit! For various reasons Cleo was in the collar for 4 weks and by the end it was like an extension of her and she was jumping around, galloping up and down the stairs etc with it on no bother to her at all! She did hate the collar by the way, but whenever I did try to take it off, she kept attacking the stitches, and so keeping it on was the only solution. Apparently though, some dogs do behave well with stitches and don't try to pull them out themselves. If Kodee is like this you'll be set and can possibly leave the collar off.

To return to my main point, big long rant later, I think you're right getting all her ops done at once. It will mean some very uncomfortable days for Kodee but at least they will be over soon, with no necessity to go back for round 2.

Hope you're feeling alright yourself after all the jobs you had done on yourself today :)

aww Debbie,

Dr.G is an amazing doctor and i have no doubt she'll do an amazing job on your sweet little Kodee.

As for your tests you're in my thoughts today. I hope everything comes out OK and things go great for you guys. *HUGZ*

I still am looking forward to getting together with you guys but life happens and I've just been busy!

Take care of yourself and if you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on I'm always here :lotsaluv:

Take care :dogwlk:

Debbie, If Kodee is like this you'll be set and can possibly leave the collar off.

To return to my main point, big long rant later, I think you're right getting all her ops done at once. It will mean some very uncomfortable days for Kodee but at least they will be over soon, with no necessity to go back for round 2.

Hope you're feeling alright yourself after all the jobs you had done on yourself today :)
Oh thanks! I feel so much better reading your reply. The minute you made the point about having to go back and getting it all over in one day I realized I dont think I could take another day of her being put under!! I will just make sure I have some sort of pain meds if they allow me to get some from them. This puppy cries everytime a tooth falls out - the neighbours hear it everytime I swear! Never saw one tooth come out of my lab and now there is Kodee annoucing each one with great drama!

aww Debbie,

Dr.G is an amazing doctor and i have no doubt she'll do an amazing job on your sweet little Kodee.

As for your tests you're in my thoughts today. I hope everything comes out OK and things go great for you guys. *HUGZ*

I still am looking forward to getting together with you guys but life happens and I've just been busy!

Take care of yourself and if you need someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on I'm always here :lotsaluv:

Take care :dogwlk:
They called and said Kodee made out fine with hernia which was nothing much they said, spay and they did remove two teeth. Actually they said they wrapped her in a blanket and put her stuffed lamb in with her and then proceeded to tell how cute she looked. Yup the office staff rather dote on her everytime! I'm sure she will get more attention than required actually!

Hmm maybe Kodee will eat better?? She has been having trouble eating these last few wks - takes forever to eat a treat and opens and closes her mouth funny and wide :confused: Hope so she definately has lost a tad of weight!

I got the 9-12 mth onsie but boy it looks small?? I am not too sure about it but it was the largest I saw at that store. Since I cant pick her up till 7 tonight I might hit another store. But apparantly I am supposed to be in the car now.... see me deliberately stalling going for my (unmentionable) test :eek: Too bad my Dr's arent as great and compassionate as my vet!

Back