• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maddy has a new home

PamH

Well, I drove from Florida to NH with my husband this weekend. He and I are in NH full time for the summer. So is Maddy! I have bought a toy box with the exact same toys in it for her to try to make it seem familiar.
The drive up she was very very good until the end when she seemed to get really fed up with being in a car and barked at us to sit up front instead of in the carseat. She just wanted some hugs.
I was quite bad and gave her lots of treats to "help".
Once we got here I let her explore and sniff the entire condo. We then took her for a walk. She met four other little dogs and made quick good friends with a little yorkie that lives close by. She then played with her toys and took a nap. I took her for another walk and she had some water. She then threw up the water (mostly clear) on my oriental rug. It cleaned pretty easily thank goodness. I think she was stressed, confused and exhausted as she has never done this.
But she is here! I will get to see her every night instead of half the week.
What joy. (Oh, and of course my hubby too.. LOL)
Pam

Glad to hear that Maddy is back with you full time!! I think the vomiting was simply stress related, so much at once!
Mustn't forget hubby either though, we do that at our peril!! ;) ;)

Welcome to New England Miss Maddy. You arrived to beautiful weather. I hope you love your 2nd home and make good friends in your neighborhood :)

Joanne, Miss Maddy said thank you and that she hopes Tucker becomes one of her new friends! Once she is settled and your father is feeling better we will have to make plans for a playdate.
Pam

long car trips

Glad to hear your trip went well...We plan to take Maggie to NY for 3 weeks this summer and then on to Maine for a week after that. In NY she will be with us but in Maine we have to board her. Hoping that the long car ride from FL to NY will go well. It sounds like you had a good trip. I was planning to put her in her crate in the car, do you think a car seat would be more fun for her ??
Any advice greatly appreciated !!

Annie

My Father had surgery on Friday to remove a malignant brain-tumor. He'll be 75 this Saturday. He came through the surgery well, fortunately the area of the brain where the tumor was is not an area that controls a great deal of functionality. However, his vision is impaired and has not improved. He's having difficulty reading, can't really even watch TV. It's been hectic and stressful to say the least. But our prayers were answered and my Father came through the 8 hour surgery as well as could be hoped for. Now they are talking about radiation treatment, my Father has not decided if he'll go for it or not. He is still in the hospital, but they moved him out of ICU today.

Today is Tucker's 2nd Birthday. I didn't even buy him a gift or any special treats. I just didn't feel up to it. Today is also my mother's birthday. Yesterday, we had a get together here at my house for her, after we took her out for a Mother's Day Lunch.

Glad to hear your trip went well...We plan to take Maggie to NY for 3 weeks this summer and then on to Maine for a week after that. In NY she will be with us but in Maine we have to board her. Hoping that the long car ride from FL to NY will go well. It sounds like you had a good trip. I was planning to put her in her crate in the car, do you think a car seat would be more fun for her ??
Any advice greatly appreciated !!

Annie

Annie, I think a car seat is more fun because she can see out. I have a car seat and a special dog car harness. So she should be safe incase of an accident. On such a long trip you never know. I have the "lookout" which is very comfy so she slept a lot. It is a long trip for them. If you schedule a couple of 15 minute "walk" breaks it will help.
If you are taking the crate with you for her sleeping arrangements the other benefit of having a car seat is she won't be in the crate all day and then all night. If you don't use a crate consistently the "lookout' makes a decent doggy bed in the hotels.

My Father had surgery on Friday to remove a malignant brain-tumor. He'll be 75 this Saturday. He came through the surgery well, fortunately the area of the brain where the tumor was is not an area that controls a great deal of functionality. However, his vision is impaired and has not improved. He's having difficulty reading, can't really even watch TV. It's been hectic and stressful to say the least. But our prayers were answered and my Father came through the 8 hour surgery as well as could be hoped for. Now they are talking about radiation treatment, my Father has not decided if he'll go for it or not. He is still in the hospital, but they moved him out of ICU today.

Today is Tucker's 2nd Birthday. I didn't even buy him a gift or any special treats. I just didn't feel up to it. Today is also my mother's birthday. Yesterday, we had a get together here at my house for her, after we took her out for a Mother's Day Lunch.

Joanne, I am glad that your father's surgery came out well. It is such a terrible thing you are going thru. I have heard that brain tumors cause personality changes. I hope you didn't have to go thru that too with your father, where he changed and you didn't know why. I am glad to hear he is out of ICU. As far as Tucker's birthday we can always have a "cake" when Maddy visits! My best wishes to you and yours.
Pam

What a great idea about having the car seat so she's not in the crate all day and night...I hadn't really thought about that. I think I will go shopping !! Thanks for the tip !

Back