• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lots of good thoughts to Joanne M

PamH

Joanne, I thought I would start this thread to let people give you our prayers and best wishes for your dad.
Joanne's dad had a tumor removed from his brain on Friday.
He is out of ICU but has some difficult choices to make.
To Joanne and Family, I am thinking of you and wishing for the very best answers and results to all of this. Hugs and Licks (from Maddy)
Pam

Oh Joanne,

Hun, I am so sorry. :( I know decisions can be hard and difficult but I am praying for you that God will help you guys to make the right decisions. Try to keep a smile on your face around your dad hun, he really needs it right now I am sure. I am here for you if you ever need to talk.. :hug::hug::hug: I hope you guys can find the answers you're looking for and you'll have the best possible outcome :xfngr: :xfngr: *licks and hugs* from me and my crew :)

I'm so sorry; that is a very difficult situation. Best wishes for your father and family. :flwr:

best wishes adn positive thoughts going out to you and your family. decisions regarding treatment options can be extremely difficult but do your best to keep a positive outlook adn to keep your dad in good spirits. i truly believe that a positive attitude can HELP fight off illness. lots of hugz!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thinking of you and your family Joanne. Let Tucker give you some healing cavalier hugs.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, prayers and good wishes. My father has had melanoma (skin cancer) for years. It was at a very advanced stage by the time it was diagnosed. Dad was never one to go to the Doctors. A few weeks ago he began having problems with his vision and it took us two weeks to persuade him to get medical attention. To further complicate matters he has both a pacemaker and a difibulator which makes it impossible to have an MRI and the P.E.T. scan test that most cancer patients can endure is impossible for my father, he cannot lay flat on his back for an extended period of time. So his doctors were only able to find the brain tumor by giving him a cat scan. Which didn't give them as much information with regard to the spreading of his cancer as they would have liked, but did reveal the brain tumor. The surgery this past Friday lasted 8 hours, and the Neurosurgeon felt confident he'd gotten all of the tumor. My Father did remarkably well and lost no brain function, at least nothing that was apparent to us. We became optimistic. Today, however, the doctor came to say that tests results have revealed that the tumor was a secondary site, and that my Father's cancer has spread, to his brain, and I'm not even sure where else.

I come from a large, close family. I have six siblings, my mother, 12 nieces and nephews that all love my Father and want to do all that we can to help. He is still not sharing as much information with us as we would like. Stubborn till the end, and in charge. At times it pits us against each other, but in the end, we all want the same thing. To help and make sure that my Father is as comfortable as possible for as long as he has.

Oh my goodness I am so sorry to hear that sweetheart. :( Melanoma is awful.. just horrible.. I hate it. :( I lost my grandpa to melanoma a few years ago so I know exactly what you're going through. He wasn't one to go to the doc' either and he only did it when he started puking back up his food. They diagnosed it as acid reflux and sent him home. He went back to get a second opinion (being forced by my granny) because the meds weren't working and a second doctor did a scan that revealed that the cancer had metastasized throughout his body and into his liver and there was nothing they could do. :( :( He had had it about 10 years before that and had a cancerous mole taken off but apparently a few cells were left and stayed dormant for a while. :( Anyways I just wanted you to know that I know exactly how you feel and exactly what you're going through. If you need anybody to talk to I'm here for you. :hug::hug:Take care of yourself during this time Joanne and hold little Tucker tight. *HUGZ*

Oh I am so sorry that your father has to go thru that. You and your family are in my prayers Joanne. I have a very good friend who had an advanced stage of melanoma, I have lost count of how many operations she went thru, she also had brain surgery (more than once). Well, that was many years ago (gosh, more than 10 now I think), at one point her doctors told her to get her affairs in order....but, she has now been cancer-free for several years, despite the advanced stage of her cancer. So, miracles do happen, and I am praying for one for your father.

Back