• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog therapy begins at home

PamH

Maddy has been in NH less than 48 hours and already has done a minor miracle! My in-laws are in their 80's and really don't leave their home much. They sit there watching TV. We took Maddy to introduce her to them yesterday. They loved her (of course). Today my husband went over to mow their lawn for them. He told them that part of the deal was he would mow the lawn but they had to watch Maddy while he did it.
After a short time I guess she went to the door and so his dad put her leash on and actually took her out! Later my husband went in to find Maddy on his mom's lap and his mother was patting her (with rheumatic hands) and cooing at her. I truly feel she will make a difference in their lives.
Pam

That's amazing Pam!! I have no doubt Maddy enjoyed every minute of that too!! After Kosmo and I had our therapy experience last night, I will never again underestimate the healing power that these little dogs can have. It's just amazing, isnt it??

Glad your in laws loved her ;) But, seriously, how could you not?? :D

That's really great, Pam. Maddy can make a difference. My Mom and Dad are both right at 80 and they "baby sit" for my sister and my niece when either of them goes out of town. Mom keeps a calendar with the dates on it of when she is going to have a boarder. They grumble a little bit sometimes, but they love it.

Sara, I didn't know you and Kosmo went out last night! What fun!! Glad you guys enjoyed it.:D

Great story, Pam. I've noticed that a relative with 'dog allergies all his life' miraculously seems to be sneeze-and-wheeze free whenever Bianca is around. Hmm...miracle dog? Or the power of personality? ;) -Natalie

It is amazing how these little dogs make people fall in love with them. My 80 year old Mother adores Lily and baby sits for her all the time. Lily adores her too. Actually, everyone in my family loves her, even the ones who are not dog people.

I know I feel blessed to have a cavalier in my life. They have such a great capacity to love. Tucker's family circle is large and he loves everyone in it. LOL - My mother even speaks to him on the phone, and she was never a "dog person" before.

Back