• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Strange toilet story

msunter

Hi All,

Just thought I would share this weird story with all of you.

Our tri-boy Rio has been doing great in his toilet training for the last 6 months, he will be 9 months on the 19th. :)

Usually he has been giving us some types of signals when needing a wee, he barks or circles looking at us or trots doing this strange type of dance.

Tonight my sister and I were watching television, before his training class, I had just taken him downstairs to the garden for a wee a half hour before this, he is always on the lead downstairs for the toilet as he just tends to wander and not do it.

Anyway, he trotted around not looking at us, not giving us much of a signal or anything, no bark, nothing. He then disappeared into the hallway and we heard this massive thud.

I came running out of living room, along with my sister, the bathroom door was ajar and there was Rio sitting in the bath, as we got closer, we realised he was squatting and peeing in the bath !! He then finished, jumped out the bath and the whole time he was peeing he had this "Oh my God, I know I'm not supposed to be doing pee pee in here!"

I think he is becoming too humanised.

He must have been desperate again for the toilet and not fully emptied. We feel terrible sisters to our fur brother now. So we just bleached everything and made sure it was well scrubbed.

Has anything strange like this happen with you and your furbabies?

Now that is a funny story!! At least he had the courtesy to go in the shower rather than the middle of the rug :D

my sisters b/t charlie wee's in the bath. we got him form a puppy farm type situation & before that he lived with his breeder so Im not sure how he's picked it up.
I think one of our other dogs did it aswell.

so it seems to be quite a common if strange thing ,lol

You know if I could train my dog to use a tub, I would give Kodee her own bathroom!

Back