• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chewing ears.

loveisokay

Does anyone else's Cav do this? Mine at one point chased her tail, caught it & then would slobber all over it but as of today she find her ears more appealing to chase..

n284300262_133753_8932.jpg

Or is it her own little habit?

Have nothing helpful to say about this, just wanted to tell you how gorgeous your little lady is.

Puppies do chase their tails. Kodees was a little more than I thought normal as she got down right angry at it! In the end I suspected allergies and hit a view things; dental chews make her itch within minutes like a mad woman and a slight improvement with switching foods. But it was more than just ears and tails - her skin was flakey too. If your puppy is doing it alot and looks frustrated by it, then look at her skin to see if there is any irritation. If its only occassionally I wouldnt worry about it - puppies are fascinated with their tails sometimes. If there is pain, watch stools to be sure she isnt having stool issues.

No, I'm not worried at all. I know it's a puppy thing. Just wondered if anyone else's went after their own ears!

Could there be food stuck in her ears which make them appealing? Cody will sit there and snack on his ears until there is nothing left if I forget to tie them back during dinner :rolleyes:

Food stuck in the ears happens to Bentley. Just yesterday I found his fish oil capsule stuck in one of them. :rolleyes: He didn't seem to realize it, either, and it was right next to his nose. Maybe he liked the scent right there.

Once, I found a fish oil cap stuck in his ear, INSIDE his snood! Who knows how THAT happened!

She is gorgeous. To answer your question, Cleo who never used to chew her ears and who is one has started this recently!

Zoey does this sometimes. Its typically when she gets bored and her teeth are bothering her. I usually put her snood on her and give her something to distract her with like a new chew toy or a bully stick. After a few minutes of being distracted her snood can come off again.

My George used to do it a lot. He would use his paw to scoot his ear into his mouth. Boy he was cute standing there with an ear in his mouth....just like your lovely girl:)

alfs loves sucking the fur on his ears,he has nearly allways got soggy ears,my daughter sucks her hair the same way.

Back