PDA

View Full Version : Guess who comes home tonight???

Bronte
18th May 2007, 06:04 PM
Finally we are picking up our new little boy tonight!!
I'm so excited, nervous and overjoyed!

His name is still up for debate but once we spend time with him at home I'm sure a name will just come to us.

Wish us luck!!

Any helpful hints or tips about his first few days with his new family are GREATLY appreciated!!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/softwaregirl/Chesneyadorable3.jpg

moniechris
18th May 2007, 06:47 PM
YAY!!!! I can't believe it's finally time!!! Too bad it is so warm for that sweater ;)

I can't wait to see more pictures of his precious little face and enormous perky ears!! :D :D

Sunna
19th May 2007, 12:42 AM
Congrats, he's beautiful :D

Cleo's Person
19th May 2007, 12:59 PM
COngratulations. PLease post lots of pics soon!!

Rj Mac
19th May 2007, 02:06 PM
Congratulations....he's gorgeous :D

Zippy
19th May 2007, 04:44 PM
Congratulations!

How did the first night go?? :)

Charleen
20th May 2007, 11:16 AM
Bronte, still we hear nothing? Where are the required pictures of your new puppy now that he is home? What have you named him? We are anxiously waiting for your story. Please post soon. :snap: :snap: :snap: :snap:

Sunna
20th May 2007, 01:33 PM
We need some news and pictures!! :D

Bronte
20th May 2007, 04:26 PM
Hi Everyone!!

So sorry for the late post but I am happy to report Chesney is home safe and sound and is doing amazing!!

His first night home we didn't get back from the breeder until 9:30 pm, which was past his usual bedtime. We cuddled him for a while and then we all turned in for the night. There was a little crying from his crate but soon he was fast asleep.
He woke me up at 6:00 am for a potty break. He went right outside went pee and was put back in his crate until 8:00 am. No accidents!

He had a fun filled first day.
He met a ton of kids, all who loved him to bits and who now want a Cavalier!
He cuddled and played chase and took his first walk on a collar and leash.
There was a little temper tantrum at first on the leash but soon he was walking tall and proud and dare I say "prancing" after his big brother Griffin.

Griffin is having mixed feelings and although he loves Chesney he is having a hard time sharing the attention. We are also working on "gentle" with Griffin as he is 80 pounds with huge paws and Chesney 8 pounds and very petite.
Chesney does try to play with Griffin and chases after him and tries to play.

Our first full day was accident free...yea Chesney!

I will post photos tomorrow.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Sunna
20th May 2007, 07:00 PM
Wonderful, can't wait to see pictures :D

coconut
20th May 2007, 07:17 PM
congrats on u new lil man he is so cute, looking forward to lots more pic's!!

Rj Mac
20th May 2007, 07:34 PM
Congrats, love the name Chesney :thmbsup:

gocamping
20th May 2007, 11:20 PM
Sounds like a great first day! Yeah, no accidents and he slept all the way through.

OhMarley
21st May 2007, 08:33 AM
awww he's adorable!
What a clever boy for not making any mistakes!!! :D
Can't wait to see more photos

Cleo's Person
21st May 2007, 10:31 AM
Delighted to hear your first day went well!! Keep us posted with updates. Can't wait to see photos. Hint hint! :snap: :snap: :snap:

Bronte
21st May 2007, 06:57 PM
New pictures....Finally!

Griffin is our year and a half old Golden Retriever.

New brothers
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/softwaregirl/Chesneyandgriff.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/softwaregirl/griffandchesney.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/softwaregirl/GrifandChesneyplaying.jpg

The toy they both want! :lol:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/softwaregirl/Chesneybobo2.jpg

Chesney and BoBo
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/softwaregirl/Chesneybobo.jpg

Ooooo a camera!
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/softwaregirl/Chesneyclose-1.jpg

Shay
21st May 2007, 07:21 PM
Congratulations! Pictures please, we want pictures!

Edited to add: I didn't see the pictures when I posted this. He is a little doll! What a little snuggle bug. So happy for you! Your lab is gorgeous too. They are so cute together!

natalieandmike
21st May 2007, 08:07 PM
Just absolutely adorable! and where is that Burberry sweater?:D love the pics!-Natalie

Sunna
21st May 2007, 08:35 PM
Aww your boys are beutiful :flwr: Love the pictures

Holly
21st May 2007, 09:08 PM
Those pics are so sweet...it looks like your Golden is being so good with your new puppy!

Bronte
21st May 2007, 10:28 PM
Griffin (our 1 1/2 year old Golden) is being very sweet with him.

We are working on sharing and equal attention time. LOL!
He does love his new little brother.

Chesney had a full day today.
he played with my 4 year old in the morning, then his
He took a long walk and tried to chase every bird he saw...tooo funny!
He went to my daughter's pre-school and met the kids...2 kids at a time.
He did great in all the new adventures.

Honestly, now I really GET it......Cav's just are magical.
The night we went to pick him up my heart and stomach was doing flip flops.
6 months of waiting and preparing and trying to choose the best puppy for us was here.
I had nerves and a touch of "oh my gosh here we go, this is really it"

Chesney seem to sense my feelings as just at the moment where I thought I was gonna throw up, LOL, he just stopped playing with the toy he had and climbed in my lap and kissed my nose.
That little gesture put me totally at ease.
He just KNEW what to do....I will remember that moment forever.

I have 2 of the most wonderful dogs in the world.

My Cup Runnth Over......

Gingers Mommy
21st May 2007, 10:32 PM
Congrats that is so nice to hear. Lovely pictures and how great they are getting along together.
The kids must've been drooling over him!!!

Cathryn
21st May 2007, 10:41 PM
I am so happy that things are working out so well for you with Chesney (great name!!) He looks a total doll!!

As a breeder (OK Occassional litter!) I love coming onto this site and seeing the "other" side of the story so to speak! I have often told tales of people coming to me for a puppy and leaving with what can only be described as "stellar" grins on their faces and one of my precious babies in their arms!! THIS is why I have the occassional litter, Yes, I admit I breed for myself firstly, but seeing folk with their much awaited baby in their arms heading off into the future, well I always end up having a good old :cry*ing:

Sorry, just a bit emotional tonight!!

Bronte
22nd May 2007, 01:35 AM
Thanks Estee!

yep, the kids all want a Cavalier now. LOL!
There poor parents, all 30 kids are going home today with only one thing on their minds!

Awe Cathryn, that is so sweet and I have to say being on the other end is very emotional too. I just wanted to make the best decision for my family and the new sweet puppy.

Chesney is such a blessing and I am so glad he is finally home.

Cleo's Person
22nd May 2007, 10:20 AM
Chesney is gorgeous. How wonderful your Golden is being with him. The photos are fab. I'm not surprised the other kids want a cav now as well, having seen those photos I want another!

OhMarley
22nd May 2007, 11:30 AM
reading this put the biggest smile across my face... i get my cav puppy on saturday and I know what you mean by "The night we went to pick him up my heart and stomach was doing flip flops." I already have butterflys and its only tuesday!
I can't wait to see photos of you two boys, it must just be so wonderful that they get along so well :D