• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Guess who comes home tonight???

Bronte

Finally we are picking up our new little boy tonight!!
I'm so excited, nervous and overjoyed!

His name is still up for debate but once we spend time with him at home I'm sure a name will just come to us.

Wish us luck!!

Any helpful hints or tips about his first few days with his new family are GREATLY appreciated!!!

Chesneyadorable3.jpg

YAY!!!! I can't believe it's finally time!!! Too bad it is so warm for that sweater ;)

I can't wait to see more pictures of his precious little face and enormous perky ears!! :D :D

Bronte, still we hear nothing? Where are the required pictures of your new puppy now that he is home? What have you named him? We are anxiously waiting for your story. Please post soon. :snap: :snap: :snap: :snap:

Hi Everyone!!

So sorry for the late post but I am happy to report Chesney is home safe and sound and is doing amazing!!

His first night home we didn't get back from the breeder until 9:30 pm, which was past his usual bedtime. We cuddled him for a while and then we all turned in for the night. There was a little crying from his crate but soon he was fast asleep.
He woke me up at 6:00 am for a potty break. He went right outside went pee and was put back in his crate until 8:00 am. No accidents!

He had a fun filled first day.
He met a ton of kids, all who loved him to bits and who now want a Cavalier!
He cuddled and played chase and took his first walk on a collar and leash.
There was a little temper tantrum at first on the leash but soon he was walking tall and proud and dare I say "prancing" after his big brother Griffin.

Griffin is having mixed feelings and although he loves Chesney he is having a hard time sharing the attention. We are also working on "gentle" with Griffin as he is 80 pounds with huge paws and Chesney 8 pounds and very petite.
Chesney does try to play with Griffin and chases after him and tries to play.

Our first full day was accident free...yea Chesney!

I will post photos tomorrow.

Enjoy your Sunday!

awww he's adorable!
What a clever boy for not making any mistakes!!! :D
Can't wait to see more photos

Delighted to hear your first day went well!! Keep us posted with updates. Can't wait to see photos. Hint hint! :snap: :snap: :snap:

New pictures....Finally!

Griffin is our year and a half old Golden Retriever.

New brothers
Chesneyandgriff.jpg

griffandchesney.jpg

GrifandChesneyplaying.jpg

The toy they both want! :lol:
Chesneybobo2.jpg

Chesney and BoBo
Chesneybobo.jpg

Ooooo a camera!
Chesneyclose-1.jpg

Congratulations! Pictures please, we want pictures!

Edited to add: I didn't see the pictures when I posted this. He is a little doll! What a little snuggle bug. So happy for you! Your lab is gorgeous too. They are so cute together!

Last edited:
Those pics are so sweet...it looks like your Golden is being so good with your new puppy!

Back