• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anybody use M C Green um

Linda

Has anybody used this product it is a pill you give to your dogs and it prevents your lawn from dying.

The website is www.markandchappell.com

It is a all natural product, I spoke with the fellow at our local petstore who is a very firm believer in all natural products and asked him if he would give it to his dog and he said yes.

Some people say these things can affect the dogs kidneys, Donna I thought you used something like this.

We just now got our lawn looking the way it should after bags and bags of soil and grass seed. I also kept the dogs off it for about a month.
It is now thick and so so green I would really like it to stay this way.

I just don't want to harm my boys in anyway.

Any input would be appreciated.

They are also very expensive 40 pills for $15.00 that won't last me a month. I don't care about the cost, I also went to another petstore and asked if they had anything and they had a product can't remember what it is called but it stated that Dalmations could not take it so it scared me.

I have already given the boys one pill each.

I havent used it but did look a the same sort of thing. For me, I became nervous - it may be natural but whose to say something that creates a change in urine output is natural. I decided no but I am sure many use it safely or it wouldnt be there. for me, using the patch grass kits works on the bad spots and soaking where they go helps, as well I spray certain areas that you dont want them to go in thus training them to go in less obvious spots. I have only had girls and think I was told boys are harder on your lawn - dont know if that is valid though.

Here's an idea--mulch a small area in your yard and train your dogs to go only in that area. That's what we've done. We have a small corner of the yard w/ cedar mulch with hastas bordering it. It looks nice, and so does the yard!

Linda--I gave these to Wrigley last year and ended up at the emergency vet one early Saturday morning. He had blood in his stools and wasn't feeling well at all. I wasn't even giving him the minimum dosage either--and he's a big boy (90 lbs). The vet said his urine ph levels were out of wack due to whatever in the product lowers the acidic level of the urine--whatever that means. I felt SO guilty, but it looked like a good product. I've heard that it works for others.

Someone here or on Cavalier Connection gave said to put a teaspoon of tomato sauce in their food and it accomplishes the same thing. I've been using it with Wrigley and Mia and haven't seen any brown spots yet. But I also water down the areas where they go, too. Seems to help...

We bought a piece of artificial turf at a pet store when Quincy was a baby. It is located on a deck close to the back door, and Mr. Q has been trained to potty there. He is now a year old and uses it, to urinate only, 90% of the time. Hubby hoses it off once a week. The turf is really great when they are babies and getting up a night. 30 seconds out and he was right back in........

Denise

Bless you sweetie, I am so glad you responded.
I am going to toss them out, I will have to see if I can come up with putting down some mulch or something.

I am so so sorry to hear that Wrigley got so ill from them, one never knows do they. I so appreciate you letting me know Denise, I have only given them one but now they are garbage.

I actually think my husband ruined the grass last year with fertilizer and yes we blocked the area off so the dogs could not go on it. But the areas of brown were to big for the dogs to of caused it.

I think I will water down the area for now too and see about training them to go in just one area.

Thank God I asked.

You're welcome, Linda! I'm glad you asked, too. It was very scary to see Wrigley so out-of-sorts and sick--and then to find out I caused it--:yikes
He recovered quickly, thank goodness. You might try the tomato sauce. Mia doesn't much care for it, but she eats it eventually. Wrigley inhales everything.

Smooch the boys for me! The snood pictures, by the way, are PRECIOUS! Made me laugh out loud at their sweet little expressions--like what in the heck did we do to deserve this??? :D

Have a nice weekend!

I sure wouldn't change the urine output/ph of my dog....who knows what the stuff will do long-term.

Linda, you are safe....as it's only the urine from a female that burns grass.

Urine from a male, will make the grass thicker and greener! :D

Must have been the fertilzer. ;)

Linda it might be grubs. They make huge circle browned areas in a lawn. You have to dig deep to find them - I forget which mth it is to check but you treat in the fall mostly to rid them but there are some summer applications that can help - but check about using with the dogs.

Back