PDA

View Full Version : What's for dinner Ma?

cavalicious
19th May 2007, 11:25 AM
Just made Ollie's breakfast for the next week or so! :D

1 tin of sardines in oil
Beef mince (oops didn't measure how much)
1 can of tuna in oil
2 eggs + shells
Carrots
Brocolli
Beans
Pumpkin

Shoved it all in the food processor and ... wollah! A smelly :neutral: pinkish mixture which immediately pricked Ollie's ears up :winkct: (hypothetically!)

I was thinking maybe other members out there could share some interesting recipes their dogs have enjoyed?

-Emily

Karlin
19th May 2007, 09:20 PM
I think I'd drain off that oil next time -- that's very high in calories if the oil was left in, just for future reference!

I've posted the kind of homecooked stews I make to a couple of recent threads; I think on Caraline's one on homemade meals, so you might find a few relevant ideas there. :)

cavalicious
20th May 2007, 02:53 AM
Thanks Karlin.

I've read that when feeding fish you should always buy the "In oil" variety because it really helps out with their coats etc. ?

Caraline
20th May 2007, 08:18 AM
That looks very scrummy :D The oil content in that particular meal could be a little high because you have oil from sardines, oil from tuna, plus the minced meat which is high in fat, unless you are mincing your own & trimming off the fat.

I think the oil in sardines with oil is fine, provided you serve it up with other foods that are low in fats themselves, or you can drain the oil off & put it into other low fat meals.

So you better tell us how Ollie liked it?

cavalicious
20th May 2007, 08:46 AM
The bowl was licked clean in under a minute Caraline!! :lol:

Next time I'll drain the fish first! :)

Caraline
21st May 2007, 09:31 AM
Good to hear Ollie enjoyed his tucker so much.