PDA

View Full Version : Jaspar -- argh!

Karlin
21st May 2007, 12:08 AM
After I dropped Megan (puppy farm girl) off to Tara yesterday I stopped at the park on the way home and took Jaspar for a walk. Of course he immediately ran down into the muck in a moaty kind of thing around an old wall... but OK, I can wash his paws off. A bit later he runs back down and sticks his big cavalier nose into the muck, trying to find sticks to retrieve (OK, this is my fault, I encouraged him to do this on walks along a creek filled with sticks when he was small and now he thinks any body of water must have sticks he needs to search for...:rolleyes:) . So now his muzzle is black with mud. We walk along further and he takes off like a shot into a field then starts rolling madly...:sl*p: I know what it will be: either horse or deer poop. Turns out to be soft horse poop and now he is really smelly. So we get home and he gets a bath and blow dried and at last, looks nice!

Then today I take all the dogs to the park. Jaspar actually stays out of the creek so continues to look really nice. Then halfway through the walk he dives into a pile of horse poop... not too bad as it is pretty dry and because I use The Stuff conditioner spray on him and it has silicone it actually repels a lot of stuff. We walk through a little woods and twice I stop him rolling in more horse poop. We head back along the grassy area and he runs and finds... wet horse poop. Aughhhhhh! At this point I know I am going to have to wash him again when I get home. We walk about 50 yards further and he literally DIVES into a huge soggy pile of deer poop and smears himself in it... the size of a cow pat nearly; and totally soggy, it was just disgusting! Now he is covered in green slime and REEKS even from 15 feet away. :cry*ing: Needless to say he was delighted with himself. It is absolutely the worst he has ever been on a walk with finding lovely smelly poop to roll in.

He was so awful I had to get a crate out of the boot and put it together and stick him in that, separate from the others, for the drive home. Then he got a second bath and dry. Figured I'd just do them all so I have three very fluffy clean cavaliers now. Thank goodness Leo and Lily are less enamoured of rolling in wet poop though both were very interested in eating the deer poop! :yikes:

It occurs to me that the dogs are probably as disgusted with the way they smell right now as I was with the way Jaspar smelled earlier. :lol:

At times like this though I wonder why I ever got a dog in the first place! :lol:

BTW my brother just got a lab puppy from a rescue in Marin County, Calif where they live, so he has all this ahead of him. icon_devil

cavalicious
21st May 2007, 12:24 AM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

What a lad!!!!

Ollie smells really bad at the moment (been rolling in something no doubt!) but I'm worried about drying out his skin with too many baths! Everytime I rinse him off after going to the dam he dives head first into the couch and wriggles all around it's pretty funny!! :lol:

Crittercall
21st May 2007, 12:47 AM
My girls do the same thing when I bring them home from the groomer - roll on the sofa, bed, etc., to try to get that smell that WE like off of them! I guess they get disgusted with us when we spritz on perfume before going somewhere.

Azriel
21st May 2007, 06:01 AM
i've been going to the dog park a lot recently with my friend and her lab and she (the lad, not my firend, heehee) has been rolling in deer poop like its going out of style. :grnyuk: poor pooch has had soooo many baths recently......

OhMarley
21st May 2007, 08:31 AM
hahahahahahaha oh no .... Jake was always so well behaved I forget sometimes doggies do these things.... I too have this to look forward too..:yikes

coconut
21st May 2007, 09:18 AM
oh karlin i can just see him now have a good roll :-)

Jen
21st May 2007, 03:01 PM
Wow! He was on a mission!! There's something to be said about being that tenacious! :-p

coconut
21st May 2007, 03:21 PM
Karlin u should have took pictures!!

Karlin
21st May 2007, 03:24 PM
He actually smelled so much I just wanted to get him in the shower. :rolleyes: Deer poop is the worst; the colour and smell are very hard to wash out if it is really wet. :yikes:

coconut
21st May 2007, 03:24 PM
So i have all of that to look forward to :confused:

Yvonne117
21st May 2007, 03:45 PM
Harvey likes foxes poop and it smells so disgusting when he rolls in it. I watch him like a hawk on walks but he always manages to roll in before I can reach him.

Rj Mac
21st May 2007, 03:55 PM
:lol: we get it too.....both our dogs love nothing better than a good roll in the smelly stuff :grnyuk:

Lucy was at it last night....so she's had a bath too :D

Caraline
22nd May 2007, 11:45 AM
b*n*n* b*n*n* Oh, but he had such a good time b*n*n* b*n*n*

Donna27
22nd May 2007, 11:10 PM
BTW my brother just got a lab puppy from a rescue in Marin County, Calif where they live, so he has all this ahead of him. icon_devil

I'm from Marin County too, Karlin!! Where is he from? I grew up in the middle of nowhere in the San Geronimo Valley, towards the Point Reyes Seashore

Karlin
22nd May 2007, 11:27 PM
Probably close to you; he is somewhere around Fairfax. They had a house on the side of a hill above the town centre, but they moved a while ago and I can't remember the street name but it is along a creek, same general area. I don;t know that area too well except for driving to their place, way down the end of Sir Francis Drake blvd.

Donna27
22nd May 2007, 11:32 PM
oh that is too funny! it's rare I meet someone from around there...That's just where I'm from! I worked at the Fairfax Movie Theater all through High School! :lol: My mom still lives out there, in San Anselmo...I love that area.

Laura&Lia
22nd May 2007, 11:59 PM
Karlin,

Please, take pictures the next time! What a dirty boy Jaspar is!!!