• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

First night at obedience training

PamH

Maddy had her first class tonight. When she first got there she was so excited to see the other dogs (12 of them) that I could hardly control her. I thought, oh oh, she is not going to do anything I ask. But then she calmed down and did very very well. I was so proud of her. She sat, she came upon being called and she stayed. Now, I have to say the recall was done with treats. The trainer held her and I showed her a treat then walked away. I then called her. She knew I had a treat. She ran to me when I called her. I have never used treats to train her before. I have taught her to sit and to stay without them. I have not really tried getting her to come when called.
The main thing is I find she does well but tends to forget when there are distractions. So she did well to listen with other dogs around.
Pam

sounds like you did a LOT for a first class!!

And Maddy was the superstar we all always thought she'd be!! :dogwlk:

Wow, she sounds like she did extremely well on her first day. My Beau is not so great with recall... I must learn your secret, but he is great with stay, which most of the other puppies have trouble with.

It is such fun isn't it! :dogwlk:

Back