PDA

View Full Version : SAFE!! URGENT: CKCS and springer crosses in pound

Karlin
23rd May 2007, 01:19 PM
http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=50796

http://petsireland.invisionzone.com/uploads//post-2207-1179872363.jpg

These are surrenders and one, looks like the CKCS cross, is very pregnant. Note such dogs usually are not given more than 24-48 hours before they are pts. It would be nice if they could be kept together. Help would be given regarding the puppies from the rescue involved, I am sure.

NB I am not the rescue involved with these dogs and cannot give backup on these two. All offers of help should go directly to the rescuers whose contact details are noted on the post.

Cooments from rescuers:

General comments:
Another pair that tug the heartstrings, Geoff, 3yrs, is a lovely guy though a little nervous to start with he soon warms to affection. He feels he has to protect Suzy (4yrs) , she's a sweet timid girl that wouldn't hurt a fly and she is very heavily pregnant. The pair are very gentle and deserve more than the c*#p their owner left them to. The horrid little git should be shot or hung out from the highest tree top, im not picky.

niamhx
23rd May 2007, 01:24 PM
Awwwww she looks so sad :( breaks my heart.

Wish I could help but I can't :( Really hope they find someone special

Karlin
23rd May 2007, 01:34 PM
Owner said these are Springer x Pointer and CKCS x Springer

Karlin
23rd May 2007, 04:40 PM
Sorry, only just back in now -- you put the country code of +353 in front and drop the 0. I will post to the board that someone is trying to reach Marie to sort if help is needed.

Thanks and let me know what happens; I can transport locally etc.

Karlin
23rd May 2007, 04:52 PM
Anyone in Ireland interested in travelling with them potentially as a foot passenger to Holyhead, handing them over to Misty & Co, then returning? We could probably walk them on and crate for the journey, to be collected at the other side.

himindoors
24th May 2007, 06:14 PM
when do you think you'll be sending them over, Karlin?

Karlin
24th May 2007, 08:14 PM
PM Misty (Fran) on these -- I am not the rescue involved and don't know exactly what is happening with them at the moment. I posted to see if anyone might be able to help on transport. Misty is in direct contact with the rescue group, DID, and together they are making the arrangements. DID was trying to find foster las I heard and also trying to arrange transport but not sure if they have sorted things.

Karlin
24th May 2007, 09:03 PM
Transport to UK is sorted for Monday but these two need foster for the weekend if anyone can do this. The female is heavily pregnant and could use somewhere quiet.

brid kenny
24th May 2007, 09:31 PM
I can do it. Am i mad taking on 2 though?

Karlin
24th May 2007, 09:59 PM
I think they'd be pretty quiet, they just need a couple days then they go on Monday, or else they will be stuck at the pound in a small cage. I don't know the transport arrangements however. I am not organising this though -- the person to ring is on the link at the top of the rescue thread, Marie with DID.

brid kenny
24th May 2007, 10:04 PM
That sounds fine Karlin but I can't find the number for her.

Karlin
24th May 2007, 10:16 PM
It's posted in her sig on the Petsireland board post, base of the very first post (link at the top of this thread).

Karlin
24th May 2007, 10:17 PM
Here it is: :)

Contact: Marie on 0862573180 if you can help this animal in any way.

Karlin
25th May 2007, 01:02 AM
Ok there's an attempt to get this dog over via the Stranraer ferry this weekend. The dogs are either sorted for travel Monday but possibly could be met at the ferry in Belfast -- would need a lift together up to Belfast to meet the rescuers arriving by ferry. If someone can do this on Saturday, please PM Misty. :thmbsup: Hopefully foster will be sorted to Brid for either one day or til Monday for transport. :)

coconut
25th May 2007, 09:30 AM
karlin would love to help with this but have to go and spend time with my lovely IN LAWS!

Karlin
25th May 2007, 05:59 PM
Brid you are off the hook yet again. :lol:

These two are coming out tomorrow and being transported to Belfast where they will be met and head off to rescue. :rah:

Once again this success story is due to very hard work and a generous donation of time and money by members of this board. Several of you offered help that turns out now will not be needed but knowing those possibilities were there made it possible to go ahead and work to get these dogs out.

A few people working together can make a huge difference. It doesn't take a large organisation or waiting for someone to take charge. Anyone can take charge and make things happen. :) That is what once again happened here. Two handsome dogs who had 24 hours to live after being dumped by an uncaring owner, will thus go on to new lives; and a litter of puppies, due literally any moment, will make some families very happy in a couple of months.

It will be fun to see the puppies if someone can get pictures at some future poit to share with us here!

brid kenny
25th May 2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks Karlin. Misty I tried to pm you but your mailbox is full or something . So hope you see this.

Karlin
27th May 2007, 12:52 PM
These dogs are out and safe -- thanks again to the actions of board members who, working together, have saved these dogs and the puppies that are due any second. :)

This was great work by all involved as these two were certain to be put down wth nowhere else to go. They should make lovely pets for someone in the future as will the little pups.

Cathryn
27th May 2007, 06:28 PM
I am so very glad to hear these dogs are out safe and sound, I have been following this thread and only this afternoon was wondering how they both were. Hope the pups have a safe and easy delivery, any chance you can keep us posted on that Karlin Please?

*Pauline*
29th May 2007, 12:19 AM
What a wonderful story. Well done everyone involved. :hug: Those dogs are beautiful.

Karlin
29th May 2007, 12:03 PM
I am told two liver and white puppies arrived in the wee hours of this morning; mum and babies doing well. :) Hopefully we might get some pics eventually to enjoy. :snap:

Cathryn
29th May 2007, 12:17 PM
Oh that's lovely news, glad to hear they are all doing well, look forwards to seeing some pics of them :snap: Thanks for the update Karlin!!

misty
29th May 2007, 12:30 PM
Apparently Suzy is a wonderful mum.

Her foster mummy says Suzy is very tired, but once she's woken up a bit, photo's will follow :)

Thanks to everyone over there for being on 'standby' to help. :)

misty
2nd June 2007, 11:51 PM
For those of you following Suzy's story, there are puppy photo's on this link:

http://www.nessr.net/smf/index.php?topic=72.0

I've heard today that Suzy and the pups are doing really well :).

Jeff (Suzy's companion) is also settling nicely and is a lot calmer than he was a week ago. I have the pleasure of fostering him for a few days and he is having his little boy op on Monday.

He really needs his forever home, so he can make a fresh start. It's thought that he's a springer/pointer cross. He's great with other dogs. He's really skinny, poor lad, but would love to be spoilt in his new home, so that he can develop his physique.

Sorry for plugging a dog that isn't a cavi, Karlin - but his 'girlfriend' is 1/2 cavi, and he fathered the pups as far as we know ;) ;)

Karlin
2nd June 2007, 11:56 PM
Oh I can't resist posting her puppies!

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z34/NESSR2007/puppies.jpg

Aren't they sweeties!? Look at all that hair already! :) They sure look like daddy too. :lol: I think he is a very handsome dog -- should hopefully find a place without too much difficulty.

Lani
2nd June 2007, 11:58 PM
They are adorable & thank heavens they are safe!

misty
3rd June 2007, 01:03 AM
I must say I'm extremely proud to be fostering daddy at the moment :).

This lad has had me in tears 3 times in a week. First time was when I laid eyes on him at Belfast Port. Next time was when he was running loose and happy on his walkies during the week. Finally, today, when Cynthia and I bathed him and he just lay there in the bath, looking resigned to it, with such sad eyes.

Cathryn
3rd June 2007, 01:59 AM
Firstly it is so nice to see the puppy pics, they are truly adorable and I would have no doubts that Jeff is the Daddy either! I am glad to hear that Suzy and her babies are doing well :xfngr: that they continue to thrive!!

Secondly it is also very nice to hear that Jeff is doing well too, poor man having to have the indignity of a bath! ;) ;)

Most importantly of all is that these dogs are out of danger and that those beautiful pups have a chance to have long, happy, fulfilling and loving lives!! Well Done to all involved!! I hope to see more pics of the pups as they grow, interesting mix!!

Big Kiss and a VERY gentle :hug: to Mum and the pups and we can't forget Dad can we?? :hug:

misty
12th June 2007, 04:07 PM
Update:

The pups are now 2 weeks old and here are the latest piccies:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/MySpringers/Suziegirls2weeksoldjune07.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/MySpringers/SuziepupFlossy2wksoldjune07.jpg
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c178/MySpringers/SuziepupPolly2wksoldjune07.jpg

sarahg
12th June 2007, 05:27 PM
They are adorable :lotsaluv: and they have grown so much in 2 weeks.

Karlin
12th June 2007, 06:47 PM
WOW, they are really coming along well! :)

coconut
12th June 2007, 06:48 PM
they are so cute!!

Cathryn
21st June 2007, 11:59 PM
Can't believe I missed those pics!! Wonderful pups!! Any up to date news on them and their Mum and Dad??

Cathy Moon
22nd June 2007, 01:06 AM
OMGoodness, I'm just catching up to this thread - well done everyone!:flwr::flwr::flwr: