PDA

View Full Version : HOMED: Megan ready for homing

Karlin
27th May 2007, 12:50 PM
Megan (see TKC's thread in this forum) is ready to be homed and is seeking an adult home ideally with another dog companion, with someone who is willing to continue to work with her and understand the time necessary for puppy farm dogs to adjust. She needs to be viewed as semi-housetrained; Tara has had good success with her so far which leads me to suspect she once was someone's pet before ending up in the horrific situation of being used for breeding in a puppy farm. :( An adult dog that had never been housetrained would be unlikely to have adjusted quite so quickly to some basic house rules. :)

My waiting list at the moment is all homes with young children which is not a suitable situation for her at this time.

sallymum
27th May 2007, 10:49 PM
Yes her lovely owner told me for her first yr she belonged to an elderly woman.

TKC
29th May 2007, 01:31 AM
Yes she was in a home for sure. She knows things like how to snuggle with you on the couch, how to sit and she STILL hasn't had an accident in the house even when left alone for few hours.

sallymum
7th June 2007, 06:31 PM
just wondering how meggie is getting on. any sign of a home for her.

Karlin
7th June 2007, 06:56 PM
Has to be a special home so those are harder to find. :)

TKC
22nd June 2007, 02:24 PM
Megan is great now and is part of the furniture LITERALLY. She has gained weight, confidence and friends. She is very very sweet.

When new people come into the house she doesn't growl anymore and can sit beside them on the couch and sniff them. But she is still quite afraid so special TLC needed.

There is someone thinking of adopting her but they are having a good think about it as it is important for them and her that the match is right.

coconut
22nd June 2007, 02:26 PM
that is brilliant so glad that she is doing well!

Cleo's Person
22nd June 2007, 02:53 PM
Gosh Tara, you almost read my mind. I was just thinking about Megan this morning and wondering how she is doing. I hope this forever home works out for her. She deserves a wonderful life, with people who will cherish her.

Rj Mac
23rd June 2007, 12:50 PM
Hi guys, just to let you all know that after speaking with Tara this morning, we have been thinking over this for a while now, and I asked if it was ok to let you all know.....Megan is going to come and live with us:D

She'l be coming home in the next couple of weeks once im on my holls :jump:

We'd just like to take the time to thank Karlin, and Tara for all their help and advice through this decision.......you have both been fantastic

Cathryn
23rd June 2007, 03:06 PM
Oh that is great! :cl*p: :cl*p: What a wonderful outcome!! I hope that all goes well for you all, can't wait to see pics of her with you!! :lotsaluv:

Cathy T
23rd June 2007, 04:16 PM
Hooray!!! So glad she's found a good home. Can't wait to hear all about her upcoming adventures with you.

Rj Mac
24th June 2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks guys....we can't wait to bring her home :luv:

Cathryn
24th June 2007, 12:24 AM
I know you said you had a holiday in a couple of weeks time but do you have an actual date yet or is that still be worked on?? Poor Jake, 2 girls to upstage him now!! :lol: Am sure he will take it in his stride though!! :lotsaluv:

Rj Mac
24th June 2007, 10:44 AM
I know you said you had a holiday in a couple of weeks time but do you have an actual date yet or is that still be worked on??

I come off this weekend coming, so just have to work out with Tara when to come across, should be the beginning of next week....Monday or Tuesday :thmbsup:

Yeah Jake's gonna have 2 after his tail ;) :lol:

Cathryn
24th June 2007, 10:49 AM
Great stuff!! Looking forwards to :snap: etc!! ;)

brid kenny
24th June 2007, 01:31 PM
That is fantastic news.

casshon
24th June 2007, 04:21 PM
:rah: Great news! I'm sure Megan will love her new home :dogwlk:

Karlin
24th June 2007, 09:41 PM
It is great news! I know she will be going to a wonderful home. :)

sallymum
24th June 2007, 11:04 PM
Yes brilliant news. I had Meg for a week, when she came from her situation and even though u could see what a frightened little lady she was u could tell that with lots of TLC she was going to be a sweet heart.
Keep us up to date on her as there is lots of us here who was really taken with her.
Your a star.

Cleo's Person
25th June 2007, 01:39 PM
RJ that's fantastic news! How wonderful. I'm so excited for you. And selfishly this means we still get to hear about Megan's story as she settles in with you! :rah: :rah:

Sue.k
25th June 2007, 01:45 PM
That is great new, you will have to post loads of pictures of her as she settles in :)

Rj Mac
27th June 2007, 09:49 PM
Thankyou all so much guys for your messages and wishes, just to let you's know......just been on the phone with Tara, and we're making the trip over to Ireland on Monday to bring her home.........not long now :luv:

sallymum
28th June 2007, 12:15 AM
Good luck and have a nice trip.

brid kenny
28th June 2007, 12:57 AM
So exciting. Best of luck.

Justine
29th June 2007, 09:47 PM
hi ,good luck,hope all works out she deserves another chance in her life.post pics when she is settled.jus.

Rj Mac
29th June 2007, 10:30 PM
Only 2 days to go now guys :w**h**: ..........but we're not counting.....honest....:lol:

Cathy Moon
1st July 2007, 04:30 PM
Congratulations on your soon-to-be new family member! :D Have a safe trip, and we'll be waiting to hear all about it! :snap:Photos requested!!!

Cathy T
1st July 2007, 11:03 PM
Have a safe trip and can't wait to hear more!

Cathryn
1st July 2007, 11:54 PM
Hope the trip goes well, can't wait to hear how things go and see some pics of your new "owner" :lol:

coconut
2nd July 2007, 01:01 AM
best of luck on ur trip! hope everything works out wit u and megan:flwr: