PDA

View Full Version : 9 Cavaliers in Temecula

Cathy T
27th May 2007, 03:51 PM
For those of you who get a google alert for Cavaliers this story may/will pop up:
http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_S_shoarder26.ba216a.html
Here are pictues of the dogs(there are 9 Cavaliers):
http://www.animalfriendsofthevalleys.com/page4.html
Scroll down the page and you'll see them.
They look like very sweet but scared dogs. Imagine what their lives were like!! Horrible.
We have been in contact with the shelter and have alerted all of our rescue friends down here. We are hoping the shelter will release them to us when they are ready and allow us to home them.
I'll keep you posted when I hear more. Needless to say, I'll take in a foster in a heart beat!!

moniechris
27th May 2007, 05:11 PM
Oh jeez!! NINE cavaliers!! That woman is in need of serious help.The poor babies! :( I wish I was closer, I would take as many as I could!

Karlin
27th May 2007, 05:12 PM
Horrific, but sounds like a very disturbed individual. Typical of a 'collector' though; they feel they need to keep acquiring animals and are indifferent to their individual health and plight; the animals become invisible to them, strangely, even though they feel they must keep getting them. It is unusual not just that she's young but that these didn't start as rescues but are p/b cats and dogs (poor Scottsh folds; I love Scottish folds... :) There is a national US rescue for them on the net BTW). I cannot believe they will not ask the court to permanently bar her from having animals though -- three years is not adequate! I hope they come into breed rescue -- let us know what happens, Cathy, and fingers crossed.

Karlin
27th May 2007, 05:14 PM
So many of those cavaliers look so scared. I can see her cats that came in as well. :(

enchantingdragon
27th May 2007, 05:23 PM
Thats horribly sad for both the dogs and this woman. Something is obviously wrong with her as I cant imagine a sane person being able to live in a house with that kind of smell door closed or not. I hope those babies are off to a better life and she gets some treatment asap.

Zippy
27th May 2007, 05:54 PM
What a very sad story.

I hope the woman gets some help.

Cathy T
28th May 2007, 01:15 AM
Turns out there are 9...not 10. Big whoop:confused: Hopefully rescue will be able to step in and help out. We'll just keep our fingers crossed :xfngr: There are several of her other dogs on there as well.

BJNeff
28th May 2007, 03:12 AM
This women must have some serious mental problems to just close door off to dead/dieing animals because to much trouble. I hope the dog's get foster and get the attention and love they need and can give. Thanks for contacting rescue for support!!

angelface
28th May 2007, 09:01 AM
She seriously needs to be locked up for a long time and not just 3 years!
Wish I could rescue all those Cavaliers...

Cleo's Person
28th May 2007, 03:29 PM
OMG!! She clearly needs help and those poor dogs look very scared.

Caraline
29th May 2007, 01:33 AM
That is so tragic :(

Julie S
29th May 2007, 03:54 AM
OOOOOMG!!!!!!

I just saw this. This is truly horrifying. My breeder is in Temecula-ish - I wonder if she knows anything .... Seems like none of them are available anymore ... hoping that they were sent to a rescue???? If I can help, please let me know.

Cathy T
29th May 2007, 05:30 AM
Julie - I'm pretty sure they are aware of the situation by now but doubt they know the woman. She wasn't so much a breeder as much as just a hoarder. We won't know anything for a while but they are safe at the shelter. Hopefully the shelter will allow Cavalier rescue to get involved in placing them. I'll definitely let you know if we need anything. Thanks for the offer...and thanks to the many others offers I've received both publicly and privately. It's so nice to know that when there's a crisis like this so many people are willing to pitch in and help.

sarahg
30th May 2007, 05:44 PM
Poor Poor babies, wish i could help out :(

Sarah Xxx

Cathryn
30th May 2007, 06:44 PM
What can I say? Those poor dogs, it makes me so mad, but what is worse is how many dead animals were found in that house, how can you shut the door on dead animals because you can't deal with it? :swear:

The main thing is that they are out of the situation, I hope that they all find loving "forever" homes, they certainly deserve them! Will watch this thread for certain, Good Luck Cathy, I hope they let breed rescue become involved!

Donna27
30th May 2007, 06:53 PM
OH MY GOODNESS I just saw this thread. I cant believe that people can be like this. Cathy T, I'm up in Northnern Cal, but work in that area for work fairly often...please let me know if I can help foster/rehome/etc...I will drive down there for this! AUGH I cant believe people sometime. :(

Cathy T
7th June 2007, 04:18 AM
They've begun releasing these dogs for adoption. Hooray! Unfortuantely they will not be requesting help from Cavalier rescue. Oh well. A friend of mine is getting two of them. I'm so excited for him. He'll pick up his girl on Friday after she's been spayed and then will get his boy once his mange (can't remember the technical term but it's the bad one that's contagious :( ) is treated. I don't know yet what is going to happen to the mom and her 2 three week old babies. That's the one that breaks my heart the most. She was so desperate to get out of her cage when I was there on Saturday. I am so relieved my friend will be getting the girl on Friday. She looked so sad laying in her cage and wouldn't come up to greet anyone. He was able to take her to the visiting area and said that after just a few minutes she popped up on his lap and started giving him kisses. Made me cry...I'm so happy for both of them.

Mary
7th June 2007, 12:04 PM
Great...so happy for your friend. I hope all those sweet pups find good forever homes.

Karlin
7th June 2007, 12:12 PM
That's great news Cathy: at least this group will not be returning to that horrible situation.

Super Princess
8th June 2007, 02:57 AM
aweee those poor babies :(
i want to give them all hugs :(

there are some very beautiful cavaliers there..i love that tri with brown on his muzzle..adn the black and tan..adn the blenem.aweee