PDA

View Full Version : SM Fund progress: You guys are AWESOME!

Bruce H
30th May 2007, 02:13 AM
This is incredible!! It's been just 1 day since I posted and the response has been better than I ever imagined. Would you believe, including my matching donation (which we are well beyond now!), there is a total of:

$605.00 !!

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to date. Let's keep the momentum going; just donate what you can. Check with your dog. Maybe they wouldn't mind going without an extra toy if they might someday get an SM free buddy :D .

Oh, I should add this is the total from both boards.

Karlin
30th May 2007, 02:25 AM
:shock:

:pi*no:

That's an amazing amount -- two days ago Penny and Clare were worried about finding enough money to do these scans. Cavalier people are exceptional! :rah: Please keep donating, in any amount -- any surplus to the immediate needs of covering these scans will help fund another batch as needed.

Cathryn
31st May 2007, 12:01 AM
WOW!! :yikes:

That really is amazing! Just goes to show what a bunch of like minded and deeply caring folks can achieve when they put their minds to it!! Way to go folks, keep going, every penny/cent counts!!

Bruce H
31st May 2007, 01:50 AM
I just want to update everyone with the current total:

$900 !!

Is that amazing or what!? We have surpassed our goal in just 2 days. Everyone who has donated deserves a pat on the back and a huge THANKS!

But let's not stop here, there is a lot of research to be done beyond this specific need that requires a lot of money. Give what you can toward the future of our beautiful breed.

casshon
31st May 2007, 09:39 AM
Wow, that's amazing :rah:

Maybe one day cavs will be an SM free breed :xfngr:

Caraline
31st May 2007, 10:07 AM
That is awesome! :rah:

Bet
31st May 2007, 10:30 AM
It's great that the Money for this Project is coming in.
Could I just mention though ,many Cavalier Breeders are still dragging their feet about not MRI Scanning their Breeding Stock .
MRI Scanning has got to be being done .

Bet

Karlin
31st May 2007, 02:50 PM
Some definitely find the financial cost too high at the moment as few areas have even the lower cost options available in parts of the UK, but I think as more start to MRI, and more support is there and more creative ways of setting up low cost scanning or underwriting scanning, more will be deciding to scan. :) Also there's hope that work at LIVS -- www.livs/org -- might reveal other ways of scanning that are lest invasive and costly. Thermographic scanning seems especially promising! Ineh research section of www.smcavalier.com, in the London conference subsection, there's a paper towards the end on the thermographic work.

Fundraising like this is a very important contribution that helps breeders and researchers and pet owners and of course, the breed. The best thing is even the most modest contribution helps build towards a kitty that enables key work to be done. So this really is something that everyone and anyone can help with. :)

Bruce H
2nd June 2007, 08:51 PM
Just want to update everyone. The total as of today's mail is:

$1,050

I hate to keep repeating myself, but you guys are just the best! I really never expected such a positive response. Keep up the good work.