• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

SM Fund progress: You guys are AWESOME!

Bruce H

This is incredible!! It's been just 1 day since I posted and the response has been better than I ever imagined. Would you believe, including my matching donation (which we are well beyond now!), there is a total of:

$605.00 !!

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to date. Let's keep the momentum going; just donate what you can. Check with your dog. Maybe they wouldn't mind going without an extra toy if they might someday get an SM free buddy :D .

Oh, I should add this is the total from both boards.

:shock:

:pi*no:

That's an amazing amount -- two days ago Penny and Clare were worried about finding enough money to do these scans. Cavalier people are exceptional! :rah: Please keep donating, in any amount -- any surplus to the immediate needs of covering these scans will help fund another batch as needed.

WOW!! :yikes:

That really is amazing! Just goes to show what a bunch of like minded and deeply caring folks can achieve when they put their minds to it!! Way to go folks, keep going, every penny/cent counts!!

I just want to update everyone with the current total:

$900 !!

Is that amazing or what!? We have surpassed our goal in just 2 days. Everyone who has donated deserves a pat on the back and a huge THANKS!

But let's not stop here, there is a lot of research to be done beyond this specific need that requires a lot of money. Give what you can toward the future of our beautiful breed.

SM Fund

It's great that the Money for this Project is coming in.
Could I just mention though ,many Cavalier Breeders are still dragging their feet about not MRI Scanning their Breeding Stock .
MRI Scanning has got to be being done .

Bet

Some definitely find the financial cost too high at the moment as few areas have even the lower cost options available in parts of the UK, but I think as more start to MRI, and more support is there and more creative ways of setting up low cost scanning or underwriting scanning, more will be deciding to scan. :) Also there's hope that work at LIVS -- www.livs/org -- might reveal other ways of scanning that are lest invasive and costly. Thermographic scanning seems especially promising! Ineh research section of www.smcavalier.com, in the London conference subsection, there's a paper towards the end on the thermographic work.

Fundraising like this is a very important contribution that helps breeders and researchers and pet owners and of course, the breed. The best thing is even the most modest contribution helps build towards a kitty that enables key work to be done. So this really is something that everyone and anyone can help with. :)

Just want to update everyone. The total as of today's mail is:

$1,050

I hate to keep repeating myself, but you guys are just the best! I really never expected such a positive response. Keep up the good work.

Back