• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Beware of Internet Buying!!

sramirez

This morning on one of the morning news shows here in the States was a story of internet puppy buying scams. It has become a very big rip-off with many of the scammers originating from such countries as Nigeria. They just copy and paste "cute puppy pictures" along with what monies to send and you're hooked! One of the girls interviewed said that everyone in her family had warned her regarding her purchase possibly being a scam - but she didn't listen (she was too hooked on the cute puppy picture) and lost over $1500 U.S. dollars.

The news report again stated that no one should buy a puppy from anyone other than a reputable breeder and know the puppy's background, health, and environment. While most of us are aware of these scam operations, unfortunately folks looking for their new "first" puppy don't always do all their homework and know where to buy, what to ask, and what to look for.

Sheri

People who do this are sharks and predators. Horrible people playing on innocent (and seemingly naive) peoples emotions.

Yes unfortunately this is rife, and it isn't just dogs but horses too, I saw a report on the U.S Oldenburg website where people have been sending cheques for horses, the horses are taken to the people complete with papers etc, then the cheque bounces!! Of course by then the scoundrels have got a horse worth tens of thousands with all the right papers and the original owner hasn't a leg to stand on and no money in the bank either!! :swear:

We all get these emails every day. I do not understand why they are still around. Why isn't there a task force to take these seriously and do a sting, like they do on the chat room predators?

This just makes me so upset, especially since I ALMOST got a Cavalier from PuppyFind.com. Not that all breeders on that site are these type of people but I just couldn't imagine contributing to anyone that would hurt this incredible breed.
I look at Chesney's sweet little face and thank god I did my homework, got a few books and took my time.

Yes, you pay more when you do things the right away but in my opinion it is well worth it.

Sorry about the rant.....

The UK branch of Ebay prohibits the sale of live animals, though the clause is difficult to find and some animals are sneaked on. However, people using rescue forums keep a close eye and make sure that lots of people inundate the complaints department with emails and posts are soon removed.

Back