• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dylan, fluid in intestines.

*Pauline*

I took Dylan to my usual vet today, they have a wonderful reputation and are very loving to all the animals. He spat up a tiny bit of bile this morning and slept though I had a little girl over who he usually loves to play with and/or hump:eek:

The vet said Dylan has fluid in his intestines. He may have eaten something he shouldn't have. She gave me some Zantac Syrup which is an antacid, to be given 30 mins before food. She said his heart is fine. There's no temp and she didn't know what else it could be without a blood test. She said if he is sick or has diarrhea I should call and talk to her and they would do a blood test. I'm all for that, it's the best way to find out what's wrong.

Poor fella is asleep now. I'm not very happy.:(

Oh but she did say it was OK that I agreed to that injection of antibiotics on Monday so I feel better about that.

Last edited:
Oh Dylan you poor lad!! :hug:

No wonder he's been a bit off colour lately! Speedy get Well Soon Wishes to you, a big kiss and a gentle :hug: for Dylan and another :hug: for you too Pauline, I rather think you need one! :hug:

Keep us posted!

I do need a hug :( I've been quite brave so far but I'm so worried. He just keeps sleeping anywhere, even in the middle of the floor.

Pauline,

It sounds like you're going in the right direction with all of Dylans care. Hang in there I know it can be worrysome. Hopefully he will be coming around in the next 24 hours. Keep us posted. :flwr: :flwr:

:hug::hug::hug:
sending lots of hugs and postive thoughts to you and dylan. he's got such a great mommy! keep us posted on how he's doing.

Pauline my heart goes out to you. :hug: You have done everything for Dylan that you posssibly could.

I'm so sorry to hear that Dylan is still unwell, but at least you now know what it is. And with your own vet confirming that the antibiotic on Monday was a good idea, you must feel reassured that you're doing all you can. I'm sure he knows how much you love him and how much care you are giving him. :luv:

I really hope that he feels better soon, meanwhile I'm thinking about you both and sending good vibes your way. :flwr: Keep us posted on how he's doing. Tan

delighted that u are getting some where with it!! Big hugs and kisses to dylan, keep us informed.

Does anyone know what it means that he has fluid in his intestines? Is there a blockage? He hasn't done a poo after dinner which is unusual. He's done two wees since 1pm, 2:30pm and 6:30pm this isn't much is it. It's 8:38 now.

Oh pauline I am sorry. :( I hope Dylan starts feeling better soon. I have no idea what it means to have fluid in the intestines, but hopefully it's nothing more than just a bit of the runs from being stressed out. Was the breeder feeding him the same food?? As you know I've recently had trouble with Faith .. It seems as if she became intolerant of the food she'd been on for 5 months overnight. Have you tried boiled chicken and rice? Is he still eating his normal dinner? What does the vet suggest? Have you two spoken about a possible GI food until things calm back down?

As for the wees, I think that amount sounds normal. Faith is younger than Dylan and she goes about every 4 hours too.

Hope he starts feeling better! :xfngr:

:dogwlk:

Hi Sara,
Thank you, I didn't think of the fluid being diarrhea :sl*p: That makes sense!

How is Faith now? I haven't seen many posts from you lately.

I think I should buy some tinned pumpkin. Can you get it in the UK?

Don't recall ever seeing any in my local Asda but you being close to London and all those fresh produce markets, I'm sure if you put it into Google you'd be sure to come up with something?? Let me know how Dylan is going along!! Oh and here's another :hug: for you both too!!

I might have to ask Ash to look when he's at Uni, I don't think he'll have time though. It costs me £15 to get to London, that kinda makes for a very expensive dish!!;)

OK here's an idea!! See if you can get hold of a large pumpkin and scoop it out then you can maybe freeze portions in an ice-cube tray, a bit like home cooked baby puree' ?? Just a thought, but it would be cheaper and far more convenient to judge the size of the portions, 1 cube or two Dylan?? ;) :D :D

I think it's out of season Cathryn. Next time it is, someone remind me to freeze some. Good idea Cathryn.:)

pauline i'm sorry to hear that poor dylan still isn't feeling well! :hug: :hug: for both of you!!!!! it must be so hard to watch him sleeping like that but at least the vet is aware and keeping an eye on things and dylan probably needs the sleep to help get better.

i wonder if the tinned pumpkin is the sort of thing you might find at a health food store? i don't remember ever seeing any, but it might be worth having a look.

hope dylan feels much better soon.

k

Hi Pauline, I am sorry to hear that poor little Dylan is unwell and that you are feeling so distressed about him. I am guessing that the vet could hear a lot of fluid swirling around in his bowel. That isn't a blockage and the vets would never allow him to come home with a blockage. Do you know if they checked him for pancreatitis? That can present with frothy vomit & a noisy painful tummy, followed by diarrhoea.

Well I hope he settles down soon. Keep us posted.

I am guessing that the vet could hear a lot of fluid swirling around in his bowel...

...Do you know if they checked him for pancreatitis? That can present with frothy vomit & a noisy painful tummy, followed by diarrhoea.

She did listen to his tummy but I think she said she felt the fluid. He didn't have any tests other than being felt and listened to with a stethoscope. He didn't do a poo from yesterday lunch time until 7.30 am(not even 100% sure he did one yest morning) , I was relieved(and he must have been!), it was soft, yellow but still formed.

I called the vet about the lack of poo and the consistency. The nurse asked her and she said the vet already had antibiotic tablets waiting at the surgery for me as she knew this would happen.

He's started to follow me which he doesn't usually and sleep by me wherever I am!

Back