• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hot Dogs ! (or car rides in the summer)

Lani

My sister sent me this link because I love to take Lucky places with me, but have been hesitant to take him out much lately if he'll have to stay in the car without me (and air conditioning).

If you plug in your zip code (I think it only works in the US), then it will tell you if it is too hot to take your dog on a trip ...

http://www.mydogiscool.com/weather_xml.php

The site has lots of other useful info on traveling with pets as well.

Hope you find it helpful! :dogwlk:

Lani, Just a tip...we use the valet keys on our car so we can lock them and leave them running while we go inside somewhere. This allows our boys to stay cool and comfy and locks the car!!

very interesting info! i like to take Brady for rides, but I hardly ever leave in alone in the car. I'm alway afraid that someone will take him away from me (even though my car is locked) i'm just paranoid about that I guess.

Fortunately I don't worry about them being stolen where I live but I always make sure I can keep one eye on my car when they are there.

Luckily I live in a very safe neighborhood and of course I always lock the doors. Some people actually tie their dogs outside the stores when the run in for a quick errand - I'd never do that though!!

I don't keep Lucky alone in the car for extended periods, just for very quick little errands like trips to Starbucks, etc., and given how much he enjoys the car rides I figure he'd rather wait a couple minutes for me in the car than sit for longer at home alone, at least when the weather permits it.

Unfortunately, we're now in that time of year when he can no longer accompany me on quick little errands because it's just too hot for him.

i don't live in a bad area, it's just Brady is my baby and I worry way too much. we went to visit my friend out of state and we took brady with us (she has a cav too) and we ate on the way there. i made my boyfriend park the car somewhere i could see it while we were eatting. brady was already in his crate (brought it with anyway, and it's a 6 hour car ride) and there was luggage on both sides of him (he was in the middle) i don't think anyone would take him from that spot, but i just worry. most of the time he's in the car with his seatbelt thing and he can't really stand so well with it so he's laying down most of the time so most people probably wouldn't even know that my sweet baby was even in the car.

i really wish more places were dog friendly. i work at a bank, and we get dogs once and a while. we all love them, so what are we supposed to say...get your cute little dog out of here? (that is after we all give you dog hugs and kisses!)

Lani, Just a tip...we use the valet keys on our car so we can lock them and leave them running while we go inside somewhere. This allows our boys to stay cool and comfy and locks the car!!

Just a note to Texans out there... this may sound like a good idea, but a couple years ago they made it a ticketable offense to leave your vehicle running unattended. Even if you're just running in the stop'n'rob. Not sure what drove this... the pollution or them trying to protect us from the car thieves... but there it is.

KC

Back