PDA

View Full Version : Names for a girl?

Sarah J
31st May 2007, 10:02 AM
My boyfriend and I have named our puppy Kya, I really love the name but I was wondering what everyone out there would call there dogs (not the names you actually chose for your pup!) so i can make sure i've chose the right name.

Please send me some girl names you like!

Please Help!:o

matties mum
31st May 2007, 10:15 AM
well here goes
Anna
Abbie
Bethany
Isabell
Jessica
Jessie
Maddy
Rebecca
Sadie
Sarah
Tammy
and Kia of couse
Aileen and the gang(Jazzie---Barney--Sam)

cavalicious
31st May 2007, 11:18 AM
Bonny
Darby
Cassie
Remy
Sasha
Hazel
Sammy
Lula
Lilly
Evie

Good luck with choosing a name :flwr:

casshon
31st May 2007, 12:42 PM
Kya is a gorgeous name. If it suits her personality then I would stick to it :D

ness
31st May 2007, 12:45 PM
I think you should call her Kya :) I think it's a gorgeous name and you and Dan both like it.

sallymum
31st May 2007, 01:09 PM
If u like it why change

The names i like are

Meggie
Sindy
Bonnie
Lilly

BostonGirl
31st May 2007, 07:16 PM
I like the name Kya and its different but just to exhaust all options - I did this to :-) some names I like:

Ava
Sophie or Sophia
Leah
Layla
Emma
Morgan
Madison
Keira

Rj Mac
31st May 2007, 07:18 PM
i think Kya is a lovely name................. but here are a few

Ellie
Maddie
Ruby
Molly
Holly
Sammie

Crittercall
31st May 2007, 08:19 PM
My method of choosing names is a bit different. I feel that if I wait a few days and spend it with the animal it will "tell" me what its name is. Except Sasha - my daughter picked her up for me and kept her for a couple of weeks and I had to name her based on pictures.

For instance, when I got my bird Henry he was 8 months old and didn't have a name. His cage was in a central part of the house where I walked by him frequently. Soon I was calling him Henry - not a name I would usually think of but it just seemed to be "Him".

We had a cat that we chose the name Diana for, but everytime I talked to her I called her Ladybug. Diana was long forgotten.

The breeder wanted to register Wallis's litter with CKCSC with all names that started with "W". Now, I know that I don't have to call her by a registered name but it worked. After trying out Winnie and Wendy, Wallis came out and that was her name!

If you are both happy with Kya and it fits the dog then stick with it. If it ain't broke don't fix it!:D

(But I will say that I've always wanted to name one Sadie or Suki and have always been voted down. I even wanted to name my daughter Sadie but her father didn't agree.)

Denise G.
31st May 2007, 10:59 PM
I heard a cute girlie name the other day--Paisley! Love that name. My next girl will most likely be a "Paisley". Of course, that's a few years down the line... :dogwlk:

PamH
31st May 2007, 11:56 PM
I like Fiona, Sadie Mae, Bella, Molly, Sukie,
omg I could go on and on... I love girl's names.
Pam

Crittercall
1st June 2007, 12:17 AM
Try this:

http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/baby-name-finder/landing-page.aspx?s_kwcid=ContentNetwork|548885955&gclid=CLr36_SQnIwCFR4cgQodTGio0g

You'll get names and what they mean!! I was surprised to find Tibby in here since I thought I had made it up!:D I write a lot and am always looking for new names. Cavalicious has some interesting names among her friends!

I think Paisley is too cute! Good thing I'm way over age for a human baby!