• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bentley has a PSOM study date!

BarbMazz

I heard from Dr Cole yesterday, and Bentley will be going to OSU to participate in the PSOM study on July 19th. If he meets the study criteria on that day he'll stay over and take part in the study tests and procedures.

If he does stay for the 20th I am planning on staying over that night in a hotel close to the university so he can rest up from the anesthesia.

That;s great that you have the date now -- I sure hope he gets on the study. I would LOVE to get Jaspar and Leo both on that study, if only... both have PSOM and it would be wonderful to learn more, get their ears flushed, and help researchers learn more too.

I hope he gets on the program :xfngr:

Tanya PSOM stands for Primary Secretory Otitis Media and it is a canine version of glue ear. Karlin has an excellent blurb on it here.

Caraline, thanks for the link. Wow Barb that's great Bently gets to participate!

I'm fortunate in that I live only about three hours from Ohio State University! :)

Bentley will have to pass some initial testing on the first day to be able to actually participate in the tests for the study. He will have neuro and cardiac exams, a general physical, and some blood testing. I think this is to evaluate his condition because he will have to be under general anesthesia for the study tests.

Back