• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hair question

Jessica Barnes

Hi to all. I have a question about my 8 month old pup that I think is a little strange. He has these very long hairs that stick up on the top of his head. And they are getting longer and longer. I'm assuming that this is just a growth stage, but I'm interested in knowing if this is a normal experience. All of our family and friends think it is adorable, but I just want him to not have spiked hair!

Welcome to the board. :)

This isn't unusual especially in a young dog -- eventually they get longer and will flatten out.

Here's one of the rescue dogs I rehomed:

300247680_70fc4a6de2_m.jpg

And here's me and two of mine... Jaspar with his stand-uppy hair! :lol:

126935936_f4c2f6396d_m.jpg

Cody has this too :lol: I think it's cute. Even right after a bath and I blow dry it down, it still sticks straight up :rolleyes:

Also see the pics posted in the 'Themes' section of the picture gallery -- the current competition theme is 'bad hair day'... :lol:

My Cavaliers have flat hair, but Sasha was accused of having a mohawk the other day. I replied that it was a Ponyhawk in tribute to Sanjaya!!

I think it is very cute. He may or may not grow out of it. Honey is 12.5 and still has sticky-up bits.
396906252_c4ef92a671_m.jpg

Bella also has a type of 'cows lick' and that bit of hair just will not stay down. I can mould it into any shape I want - like a mohawk or devil horns :D

I think those little mowhawks are totally adorable. One of Beau's litter sisters has one & she looks so cute with it. Her owner/breeder is less than impressed and kept trying to flatten it down. :lol:

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone - I feel much better knowing that my little guy isn't the only one with some hair issues!! And it is kind of cute ;) Not sure if the picture will come through - my first time doing this....

photo

Back