PDA

View Full Version : i am really worried about daisy....

emmawright
1st June 2007, 09:02 AM
:(

it started on wednesday when daisy wouldnt eat anything all day, then yesterday she was sick and had 4 different bouts of diarrehea which were really bad. then this morning we came down and there was sick everywhere and diarrehea everywhere, there was also a large pile of blood where she had diarrehea and a few drips of blood on the carpet. Daisy isn't herself either, very very sad and not happy. She also attacked Bluebell this morning for no reason, she went mad at her and hurt Bluebell. She is definately not right. I have made an appointment at our vet for 11.00am this morning, really worried though. Especially with Daisys DE/CC - what if this is something sinister?

I am keeping Bluebell and Daisy seperated at the moment, and Daisy is asleep on my lap.

Emma n Renco
1st June 2007, 09:09 AM
Hi,

I just want to say I hope everything goes well at the Vets with Daisy, it is the only way to find this out for sure. No advice really, other than Harvey has suffered from a very sensitive stomach and cannot handle dry foods at all well. The solution to this has been perseverence with chicken and rice mixed in with the food and a wonderful product from an animal nutritionist called canine digestion powder additive to aid digestion. Anyway, good luck today and keep us updated on how it goes...

Caraline
1st June 2007, 09:39 AM
Oh you poor thing, you must be so worried & poor little Daisy. Do let us know how you go at the vets. :xfngr:

Rj Mac
1st June 2007, 09:44 AM
Sorry to hear Daisy's not well, good luck at the vets and let us know how you both are :xfngr:

coconut
1st June 2007, 10:10 AM
have u changed her food or worried her??

PamH
1st June 2007, 10:37 AM
Oh, poor Daisy. I hope she will be okay.
My thoughts are with you.
Pam

Karlin
1st June 2007, 10:48 AM
Just for people who haven't followed previous Daisy threads, she has a quite serious autoimmune condition in cavaliers called Dry Eye/Curly Coat Syndrome.

Emma I hope you can get her more comfortable and that she is quickly feeling better. When a dog is ill they will sometimes lash out at other dogs; I am so sorry this happened as I know it is very upsetting to all. I sounds like perhaps she has some gastroenteritis and hopefully the vets can quickly make her better. :flwr:

niamhx
1st June 2007, 11:31 AM
Best of luck today:xfngr:fingers crossed for you.

Poor daisy:(

emmawright
1st June 2007, 12:03 PM
Back from the vet, i told her all about daisys sickness and diarrehea, and she asked a few questions (had she eaten anything funny - i said no) and then she put a thermometer up her bottom (daisy was in extreme pain with this) and then she took out the thermometer and it was covered in fresh blood. I was shocked at this , i think she was surprised too, i said that surely that wasn't normal, she says she isn't too concerned about the blood, but they have kept her in on a drip to get some fluid into her, and she said they will monitor her, i have to call them later this afternoon to see how she is getting along and they might keep her overnight. She looked really ill though when she was in there, the worst i have seen her. She did mention it could be a gastro thing in her , but i am concerned about the blood and how she is in herself.

Karlin
1st June 2007, 12:07 PM
The blood can look worse than it really is. Lily had bloody diarrhea when she had gastroenteritis and was passing almost nothing but blood. With this, they can get dehydrated very quickly. She'll probably give Daisy a painkiller as well and something to settle her tummy. Be sure to let us know how she is doing; I think she will feel a lot better by tomorrow.

emmawright
1st June 2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks Karlin, i hope she does feel better soon. The vet said it could be Hemorrhagic GastroEnteritis (HGE). I shall let you know how she gets along...

Lani
1st June 2007, 12:28 PM
:hug::hug::hug:

Hugs for you, Daisy and sweet little Bluebell too.

I hope Daisy is better soon. :flwr:

merlinsmum
1st June 2007, 12:51 PM
Hope Daisy feels better soon Emma. The boys and I send you all hugs:paw:

Cleo's Person
1st June 2007, 12:56 PM
Emma, I've only just read this thread now. I'm so sorry Daisy is unwell. Big hugs to Daisy, Bluebell and yourself. :hug: :hug: :hug: Keep us posted on how she's doing.

emmawright
1st June 2007, 02:29 PM
Just rang the vet, daisy is on a drip and they are monitoring her, she won't be home tonight, they are going to keep her in, hopefully she will be better and she will be home soon, i miss her already...

Cathy T
1st June 2007, 02:53 PM
I'm so sorry you are going through this with Daisy. I know what a joy it was to get Bluebelle home and they were getting along so well. It was best that you separated them. Daisy didn't need the aggravation of a puppy if she wasn't feeling well. Hopefully the vet will get her sorted out soon and she'll be back home feeling better.:xfngr:

Karlin
1st June 2007, 03:25 PM
That's what Lily had. There are some threads on it if you want to do a search as a few of us have had dogs with different stages of it. The vet is doing just the right things and she'll feel a lot better being on that drip and getting some fluids, and sleeping quietly. :flwr: Hopefully she can come home to you tomorrow.

BarbMazz
1st June 2007, 03:48 PM
Poor Daisy and poor you! She's obviously where she needs to be, although I know you miss her terribly.

Here's hoping that she's feeling well enough to come home soon! :xfngr:

arasara
1st June 2007, 04:53 PM
*HUGZ* to you and Daisy hun.. I hope she starts feeling better soon. I remember having a little brother - they sure can be pesky when you don't feel good!! I am sure that's all it was. ;) It was good to keep them separated. I hope Daisy is up and back to feeling herself in no time!!

Did the vet have any ideas about why this has happened??

:dogwlk: :hug::hug::hug:

emmawright
1st June 2007, 06:59 PM
the vet didn't know where she got it from, could of been anywhere. I wondered if Bluebell brought it with her, but the vet didnt seem to think so as bluebell is in good health. i called the vet at 4pm this afternoon and she had had bloody diarrhea again, i hope we get her home tomorrow, poor little thing, its one thing after the other with daisy.

ourempire
1st June 2007, 09:36 PM
I hope all the best for Daisy, she is such a lovely dog, and your photos of her and Bluebell are wonderful. Fingers crossed and all the best wishes.:xfngr: :paw:

moniechris
2nd June 2007, 02:46 AM
Oh my goodness...my heart goes out to you and Daisy. You must be so worried. :( Poor sweet Daisy, she is so lucky to have such a caring mommy. You both are in my prayers, do give us any update you may receive. :xfngr:

vanessa0305
2nd June 2007, 03:43 AM
I am saying little prayers for Daisy, Bluebell and yourself. Sending hugs!

danalynn
2nd June 2007, 05:39 AM
I hope Daisy is starting to feel better. Colin just had HGE a couple of weeks ago. Getting them hydrated is really important. We don't know what caused it for Colin either, but luckily none of our other dogs got sick.

Lots of hugs from me and my boys to you and Daisy.

emmawright
2nd June 2007, 05:34 PM
Just to keep you all informed, i called the vet today and they are keeping daisy in another night, hopefully she will be home tomorrow, i have to phone at 10.00am to see. She is still on the drip, shall have to see how it goes tomorrow.

brid kenny
2nd June 2007, 06:01 PM
Hope she's okay.:xfngr:

Lani
2nd June 2007, 06:31 PM
Poor Daisy and poor you, Emma. :hug: :hug:

You must miss her terribly.

Give little Bluebell a hug from Lucky and me. Hope she's settling in okay and enjoying a little extra attention while Daisy is at the vets recovering.

arasara
2nd June 2007, 08:27 PM
Aww I hope Daisy has a quick and easy recovery Emma.. you guys have been through so much together. I am sure the vets are taking the very best care of her. Bluebell is probably in heaven being the only dog for a day huh? :lol: Whenever I take Kosmo or Faith for about an hour the other one suddenly becomes a "play fetch with me only!" puppy.. hehe :)

*HUGZ* to everybody Emma - I hope she's back up and at em soon!! :)

Cleo's Person
3rd June 2007, 10:14 AM
Emma, how is Daisy doing today? :hug: :hug:

emmawright
3rd June 2007, 10:35 AM
I have just spoken to the vet and daisy is coming home today ! yay!

Apparently she hasn't had any diarrehea today, but i will have to make sure she has no more. The vet said she pulled her drip out this morning, so she must be ready to come off it! I am collecting her at 11.30 this morning, cant wait to get her back! I will post another message to let you all know how she is...

Charleen
3rd June 2007, 10:48 AM
So glad to hear that Daisy is coming home today.

emmawright
3rd June 2007, 04:39 PM
Daisy is home! She looks so much better, really bright and she was glad to see Bluebell again, they have been playing together and now they are both fast asleep! Daisy is on some antibiotics and some medicine to line her tummy, other than that, i have to take her back for a check up on wednesday evening. The bill wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be either, it was £150.00, but daisy is worth every penny. :)

niamhx
3rd June 2007, 05:03 PM
Emma thats great news :D i'm so glad she is ok

Karlin
3rd June 2007, 05:04 PM
:jump:

That is great news, Emma. I bet you are happy to have her home! :)

ourempire
3rd June 2007, 05:05 PM
:mexwav:
So glad to hear it! Welcome home, Daisy!

Barbara Nixon
3rd June 2007, 05:11 PM
I'm glad she's on the mend. I knew someone, on another forum, whose cavalier has a very severe case of autoimmune. She has been very close to death, a couple of times and had to have an emergency blood transfussion , from her sister, a few years back, yet she keeps on bouncing back.

Your vets bill was excellent, considering overnighting was included. Our vets have just made a large increase in their prices (dreading more tests for Teddy and some teeth out for Monty) and make you use the PDSA out-of-hours service. That is even more expensive with a fee of £75-£95 to open up for you, a £20+ consultation fee and then the cost of treatment and/or drugs.

Cathy T
3rd June 2007, 07:08 PM
That's excellent news Emma! Oh I'm so glad she's home and on the mend.

moniechris
3rd June 2007, 09:35 PM
Did they ever really determine what was wrong with her? I am really glad to hear that she is doing so much better!:rah:

Chelsealove
4th June 2007, 12:25 AM
:rah: :rah: :rah: I have just read your post - what a traumatic time you have had - I would be besides myself with worry if it happened to my Chelsea. You handles it very well, it is so good to have the support of this forum. Im so happy to hear that Daisy is well again. :rah: :rah: :rah:

Laurie (Chelseas Mum)

Emma n Renco
4th June 2007, 08:17 AM
Yippeee!! That is wonderful news I am so glad that Daisy is home and feeling better. You must be so happy and relieved.... great news :-) :-) :-)

Cleo's Person
4th June 2007, 12:43 PM
I'm so glad to hear Daisy is home and on the mend. :luv: :luv:

Caraline
4th June 2007, 01:05 PM
Oh I am so glad she is back home with you. What a relief! I hope that is the end to this ordeal now. :xfngr:

Lani
4th June 2007, 01:39 PM
Wonderful, wonderful news!! Hugs to you, Daisy & Bluebell!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

arasara
4th June 2007, 02:02 PM
Glad to hear Daisy is home :hug:!!

I was so worried for you guys - thank God everything is OK! :)

:dogwlk:

Emma n Renco
4th June 2007, 08:54 PM
So pleased Daisy is home and doing doing well, keep us posted :-)

Scouty girl
6th June 2007, 01:50 PM
So glad to hear that Daisy is doing well and she and Bluebell are having fun together again.

I can only imagine how worried you were, I was skipping ahead to quickly read your posts I wanted to see the outcome quickly....I was really concerned when you said the vet was keeping her an addition night and then just as relieved to hear she came home the next day. How is Daisy today?

coconut
6th June 2007, 02:27 PM
Emma sorry i was away for the weekend and missed alot of this post!! i am so glad to hear that daisy is doing better!! give her big hugs and kisses from me and the boys!

emmawright
6th June 2007, 09:04 PM
took daisy back to the vet tonight for her check up and she still isn't 100% right, he said her tummy still doesn't feel quite right, but she is getting there slowly. The unfortunate thing is that Bluebell has been having bad diarehea and was sick today, so i took her to the vet today and he said he thinks she has picked it up off daisy, he said her tummy felt different as well, so he gave her a big injection of antibiotics and said to keep an eye on her :rolleyes:

Lisa_T
7th June 2007, 12:13 AM
I'm sorry Daisy and now Bluebell are/have been ill. Just a thought- and you may have done so already- but until they're both really well, and given Daisy's fragile health, perhaps you should keep them separated? Otherwise you could end up in a cycle of them infecting and reinfecting each other which would do neither of them any good.

PamH
7th June 2007, 12:30 AM
So sorry to hear the news. Hope things get better for you soon.
Pma

gwynny18
10th June 2007, 04:34 AM
Hi. Im so sorry to hear your pups are sick. I hope they are feeling better son and givng you kisses! Keep us updated.