• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

looking at a litter

sunshinekisses

Wish me luck...in that I will need strength not to take on home! hehe. I called a lady listed on Cavalier club website. She has some blk and tans on the ground right now. I am meeting her tomorrow and seeing dam and pups and her partner breeder is bringing up the stud dog. I am way excited because after talking to her she does pet therapy too!! And she has grandkids that visit alot so pups are already use to kids. She has all health testing done on both dogs and will give me copies to look up on internet. Anyway I am so excited. (oh wait did I say that already ;) )

thanks Karlin...I have reading to do. I was wondering if also I am giving out too much information about me when I first talk to the breeder. I tell them everything about me and my plans for dog and how I am going to raise puppy and usually there is a silence on the other end before I start to ask about their dogs. Is this too forward should I wait until the breeder ask me questions?

thanks Karlin...I have reading to do. I was wondering if also I am giving out too much information about me when I first talk to the breeder. I tell them everything about me and my plans for dog and how I am going to raise puppy and usually there is a silence on the other end before I start to ask about their dogs. Is this too forward should I wait until the breeder ask me questions?

IF they have pups to home-- tell them all!! It shows you want to include the dog in your life etc.... I have people giving me their live history and bank balances (which I don't want-lol) when I won't have any pups for a year.

Totally agree! When I have people viewing puppies I am always suspicious of a few things, the first one being when the first words out are "How Much?" the next AND a huge bone I like to chew on is when the puppy is constantly referred to as "IT" Grrrrrr! This is a living breathing animal NOT an inaminate object! Other things I look for is how much people interact with the pups, some-one who is sitting as far back on the sofa and pushing the pups back down and only holding them at arms length arouses suspicion, how can you ignore the little darlings?

So when I get some-one who tells me whatever I want to know plus a life history AND rolls on the floor playing with the pups and barely noticing me I am over the moon, these are the people who REALLY want that pup!!

Have fun at the viewing, ask whatever comes into your head and don't worry about it, just be prepared to have your pockets searched when you leave the house is all!! :razz: :razz:

is when the puppy is constantly referred to as "IT" Grrrrrr!

:eek: Oops! Some like me may just be sticklers for good grammar... :lol: If I don't know the sex I will usually use 'it' for a puppy or a baby...:rotfl:

:eek: Oops! Some like me may just be sticklers for good grammar... :lol: If I don't know the sex I will usually use 'it' for a puppy or a baby...:rotfl:

Hmm! Yes ok! BUT what about when there is only 1 puppy and they know it's a girl because they have said they only want a girl and not a boy??

LOL...thanks, I am such a paranoid. I guess I just want everything out in the open so I am glad to know the breeders want that too. Maybe they are just so use to people saying how much and do you have something I can breed. Most of the questions listed in the links given I have already asked and got a good answer. What concerns me and I forgot to ask is why she has pups available right now. She is keeping a female and that leaves a male and female. I forgot to ask why she breed the two. Any way I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Back