PDA

View Full Version : new harness rave!!

gramercy girl
3rd June 2007, 03:57 AM
just wanted to share about this wonderful harness we got for maggie about two weeks ago. i call it her "summer" harness b/c it's just so bright and summer-y!

we love it mostly because it's very soft. it's made of mesh, like puppias (for all you puppia fans :D). but what's even better is that it is so incredibly easy to put on... she just steps right in (that's ideal i think.. but really, i help her put her two front paws through, hehe)... then there's this metal clasp you slide down and squeeze to get a perfect fit.... no need to fuss with buckles or adjustable belt loops at all!! it's really great.

we got it at trixie and peanut for $24 (harness and lead comes together).

here's the link to buy it and some pictures of mags in it.

http://www.trixieandpeanut.com/collars/nylon/138164.html (http://www.trixieandpeanut.com/collars/nylon/138164.html)

here you can see the metal clasp that allows for easy adjustment. you just move it up or down for a snug fit
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1111/527045154_7dd3e15fbb_m.jpg

pictures of the side (sorta) & front...
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/194/525110974_8a7b0298fa_m.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/222/525111196_28a5bf353c_m.jpg

we had been having trouble w/ her walking comfortably on a lead (part of puppiness as you all know)... but we found that she does best w/ a retractable lead and this new harness... she's been really great at walking lately!! we're thrilled. if anyone is having trouble like us, maybe this will help too.

:dogwlk:

Cathy T
3rd June 2007, 04:02 AM
Those harnesses are adorable!! And they look even better on Maggie!

gramercy girl
3rd June 2007, 04:04 AM
oh i forgot to mention, they also come in a sailor motif!! we saw a puppy toy poodle in the store wearing it... it was adorable!!!! red, white and blue... perfect for july 4th!! you can see it on their website's front page.

-- and thanks cathy!!

cavalicious
3rd June 2007, 06:40 AM
Wow Merdie that is so cute! And very smart aswell :D I wonder if I can get one in Australia??? :D

Karlin
3rd June 2007, 07:44 PM
Hey that's a really nice design. Love that last pic too -- how cute is that? :) I could end up with the world's largest dog harness collection at this rate... :lol:

TKC
3rd June 2007, 07:58 PM
I will make a trade enquiry to see if we can stock them :)

TKC
3rd June 2007, 08:00 PM
Oh and we will have to get some VERY LARGE CAVALIER KC WARDROBES TOO :)

Karlin
3rd June 2007, 10:54 PM
Oh no please don't give me easy ways to spend more money... :yikes: :lol:

Cathy T
3rd June 2007, 10:58 PM
Oh I can just see my two in the matching sailor harnesses! Don't get me started...I could go broke! :D

danalynn
4th June 2007, 12:20 AM
The crocheted parts in front are so cute. Teddy would probably eat them, but they are adorable!

molly
9th June 2007, 01:22 AM
Merdie, your Maggie is adorable and I love her new harness.

Gingers Mommy
11th June 2007, 02:33 AM
Merdie
Maggies getting SO big!! I can't believe it. Harness is adorable, I may just have to stoll down the block and pick one up for Ginger!! I think the red/white/blue would like great on her!!
Thanks for the tip. Hope to see you soon.

enchantingdragon
11th June 2007, 04:08 AM
Oooh love sailor things and thats great the harness and leash come together. Might have to get her one of them too!

Julie S
11th June 2007, 06:44 PM
I LOVE IT!!!!!

I must, must have one. Thank you for the idea! I'm a HUGE Trixie and Peanut fan. Now I just can't decide between the blue and the tan (this is where having a girl pup would reeeally come in handy ... ;) )

Julie S
11th June 2007, 06:46 PM
Oh, and Merdie - I forgot to ask ... what size did you get? I feel like our pups are around the same age ... Scout is 8.5 lbs.

Donna27
12th June 2007, 12:54 AM
ohhhhh my goodness I love the sailor harness! This is going to get expensive...

gramercy girl
12th June 2007, 06:34 AM
Oh, and Merdie - I forgot to ask ... what size did you get? I feel like our pups are around the same age ... Scout is 8.5 lbs.

we got a small!! it should fit him perfectly!!! and with the metal clasp, it really fits nicely.

happy shopping everyone!!

Jenny37
7th July 2007, 02:55 PM
I ordered the same harness as Gramercy Girl---the pink and tan stripe and I am so thrilled with it!

This is the first harness ever for TinkerBell and it was very easy to get her in and out of and she is so much more comfortable while walking.

By the way,I got mine Ebay for $23 including shipping!

Rj Mac
11th July 2007, 06:33 PM
They do look great......And Maggie really suits hers :D

Donna27
11th July 2007, 06:36 PM
Ok so my friend and I bought Fiona and her dog Frankie the sailor harness also! I got the blue and white striped one, and she got the red and white. It's very cute, but honestly I dont love it as much as Puppias. It's adorable though!

jld
29th July 2007, 05:55 PM
I ordered Dixie the little pink and tan one that Gramercy Girl has, and I love it. It fits her so much better than the small Puppia. The small puppia is hard to get over her head, but the medium would be too big, I think. She is on the thin side, so the pink and tan adjustable one fits her great. It is so soft and comfy.... Thanks for the recommendation!!!!