• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nylabone galileo

luvzcavs

Ok so I found these fantastic toys from nylabone which are super tough for my two aggressive chewers, they are really good for their teeth etc and the boys love em but................ they chew on these things hard and fast and there is a lot of crunching and grinding noises and I am worried they could snap a tooth ?? How strong are their little teeth ?

The only toys the dogs have ever had this much chewing fun with is kongs and obviously being rubber they give but these things are really tough and very bone like.

What do you guys think, should I be worried ?

If they are designed for hard chewers I'd think they'd be OK; Nylabone is one of the best recognised names in dogs toys. You could give your vet a ring and ask if you are really worried. But remember dogs have jaws and teeth designed for grinding and gnawing on and breaking bone so I'd think these nylabones would be well designed to allow for hard chewing of that sort but without any danger of teeth breaking.

Geordie chews on nylabones all the time with no problems. We haven't found the Galileo nylabones at Petsmart, so he gets the smallest size durable bones.

Having worked in a vet clinic for a number of years I can tell you that nylabones if they are too hard will definitely chip and break off teeth! If you are concerned, for sure call your vet! I'd be more inclined to give them something like a bully stick.

Back