• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Joan bamborough

Hello eveyone, I am new to Cavaliertalk so you will need to bear with me. I have a tri colour called oliver, he is almost 7 and is very cuddly. I have just picked up on the web that the trouble he has been having with his eyes could be dry eye, also he has a very curly coat, I am very dissapointed that my vet has not noticed. Also my puppy of 8mts Bertie a belnheim who has had invasive juvenile cataracts removed from both eys, and is now having a constant twitch in his body, my vet thought it was a liver shunt but after 2 Bio acid tests he was said to be fine, however I asked for a second opinion, I saw a neurologist on Tuesday who advised me it could be a myron twitch, he is going for an MRI scan on the 26th June so hopefully we will know then, he has been on Rimadyl, and pred forte before he had his eye op, and it was after he had taken that for 3 days that he developed this twitch, I first thought it was hic cups, I mentioned to my vet but he dismissed it, only when I went with regards to him not eating that I saw a vet nurse, who when she Oh Bertie have you got the hiccups, I said he has been like that for 6 weeks, it was only then that they did the liver shunt test, I would dearly appreciate any help or advise that can be given to me, This message may be a bit jumble, ao I apologise, many thanks joan, oliver and bertie , and my 3 fluffies(cats) Buster Tabby and Zoe

Joan,

First icon_welcome to the board. This is a fantastic place for those of us who are cav mad!!

I'm so sorry to hear that both of your fur babies are unwell at present. You're clearly, and understandably, very concerned about them both. I'm afraid I have no words of wisdom, you've done everything I would suggest: namely, seeing the vet, asking for a second opinion and booking the MRI for Bertie. As for Oliver I would maybe consider mentioning your concerns re dry eye etc to the vet, to draw his attention to the issue if you feel he has missed this. I'm sure there will be many people here who can offer you some much more helpful advice, I just wanted to say hi and to say that as far as my limited knowledge extends, I think you're on the right track. :flwr:

PLease keep us posted on how this develops. Best of luck on the 26th.

Looking forward to getting to know you better and to hearing all about your boys - and, of course, seeing some photos.

Hi Joan, Oliver, and Bertie! icon_welcometo Cavtalk!
Were the meds for Bertie's eye condition and how long was he taking them?

Welcome Joan. I am sorry to hear about the problems you have been having with your guys. I have no sage advice but there is a great wealth of information on this forum, so you've come to the right place.

icon_welcome
I have only just recently joined this site, and the people here are fantastic help! Hope you like it too!

Welcome to the club, Joan. You are already doing what I always advise everyone to do - See Your Vet!!

I'm so sorry to hear that your babies aren't well. Glance through the Health section and read about Wallis and you will know that I know what you are going through to a certain degree.

I hope that they can figure out something soon. Have you planned what you might do next after the MRI? Is there a veterinary college near you? That's often a good place to go for the most up to date info and treatments.

I know just enough to be dangerous, and wish I knew something about what your guys have going on. Please keep us informed!

{{{hugs}}}

Welcome Joan. I am sorry to hear about the problems you have been having with your guys. I have no sage advice but there is a great wealth of information on this forum, so you've come to the right place.

Hello Caraline, Many thanks for your kind words, I will keep you to date whatthe results of Berties MRI scan is, regards Joan, Oliver, Bertie, buster, Tabby and Zoe

Hello Cathy, Thank you for your message, the pred forte eye drops were taken for 2 weeks along with rimadyl, then he went on to Maxitol eye drops and rimadyl, he stopped the rimadyl on Monday this week but needs to contnue with Maxitol for a further 2 weeks then Maxitel for a further 3 weeks until I see the Ophamologist again.He seems to be guite happy in himself, although it is difficult to get food down him, after speaking to Margaret Carter she advise minced meat, so I bought some Aberdeen angus minced steak and mixed some with his food, and as I am feeding him by hand he ate the lot, so I was delighted THANK YOU! Margaret.He is having body tremors almost every 40seconds, when it seems to start from his eyes then go through his body. I am sure the MRI scan will show what the problem is. Kind regards Joan

Hi Joan, Oliver, and Bertie! icon_welcometo Cavtalk!
Were the meds for Bertie's eye condition and how long was he taking them?

Hello Tanya, Many thanks for your message, and kind thoughts, I will keep you posted as to how Bertie and Oliver are progressing, Regards Joan

First icon_welcome to the board. This is a fantastic place for those of us who are cav mad!!

I'm so sorry to hear that both of your fur babies are unwell at present. You're clearly, and understandably, very concerned about them both. I'm afraid I have no words of wisdom, you've done everything I would suggest: namely, seeing the vet, asking for a second opinion and booking the MRI for Bertie. As for Oliver I would maybe consider mentioning your concerns re dry eye etc to the vet, to draw his attention to the issue if you feel he has missed this. I'm sure there will be many people here who can offer you some much more helpful advice, I just wanted to say hi and to say that as far as my limited knowledge extends, I think you're on the right track. :flwr:

PLease keep us posted on how this develops. Best of luck on the 26th.

Looking forward to getting to know you better and to hearing all about your boys - and, of course, seeing some photos.[/quote]

[
Hello , Thank you for your message, I look forward also to many hours on the forum, regards
Joan

Jicon_welcome;201280]
I have only just recently joined this site, and the people here are fantastic help! Hope you like it too![/quote]

Hello, Many thanks for oyur message and kind word and advice, I will certainly look and see reports on Wallis if I can find out how to get there!, I will wait and see what the MRI scan shows and then take it from their. I am not sure if there is a vet college near by, but will endeavour to find out. Will keep in touch, Regards
Joan

I hit some of my books here last night (or I guess I should say this a.m.!) and couldn't find "Myron's Twitch". But the book I was looking at is 10 years old; it's time for me to update! There was also nothing noted in the medical dictionary that I have.

The twitch that you describe almost sounds like a seizure of some sort. But that's just my non-professional opinion!:)

You guys are in my thoughts. It is so hard to have something going on with your "kids" and not know what to do for them.

Back