• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Our silly neighbor

Donna27

Today Fiona decided she didnt want to "do her business" in the backyard, so we went for a little stroll downt the street, and a neighbor I dont know too well came out and started petting her...then she goes "oh, is she PART cavalier?" :eek: PART?!?! jeeez. As far as I know, Fiona looks like the epitome of a Cavalier...hahaha. I calmly went "oh, no...she's all cavalier". lol. Silly little neighbors...

Thats funny!
Just yesterday as I was walking Ginger home she was "talking" to the air and this guy was walking next to me. He asked what kind of dog she was and then said, well I guess thats what you get with a mixed breed.....
I was like who's a mixed breed here? (thinking to myself) And I said no shes a purebreed.
I think people get confused with the 4 words in the name cavalier king charles spaniel- whats so hard about that?!

I had a guy ask me if I got Oliver from the local pound...(now, I love dogs of any kind and would rescue one in a heartbeat if I could have another, but I thought it was funny that he asked if Oliver came from the local pound!! ) :)

Some people just don't get it! :rolleyes: Donna, that's crazy...wonder what he thought the other part was?

Ginger'sMommy, that is SO rude...I would have been so mad!

I often notice that peoples eyes have glazed over by the time I get the to the end of "Cavalier King Charles Spaniel." Do you think people just aren't used to 4 word dog breed names? I don't know...kind of annoying!

Thats funny!
Just yesterday as I was walking Ginger home she was "talking" to the air and this guy was walking next to me. He asked what kind of dog she was and then said, well I guess thats what you get with a mixed breed.....
I was like who's a mixed breed here? (thinking to myself) And I said no shes a purebreed.
I think people get confused with the 4 words in the name cavalier king charles spaniel- whats so hard about that?!

I guess he heard of King Charles Spaniels and thought there must be a breed called 'cavaliers'! I guess doggy minded people would be ignorant on these matters!

People can be funny :)

Lily DID come from the local pound. :) I've had about 7-8 rescues now come directly from the pound, and several come from rescues who fortunately got them before they went to the pound. Even here where the breed is popular, though, they don't come in too often though at pounds, and many tend to get homed right away.

I usually just call them cavaliers. I guess people wanted to keep the KC in the name from the historical association back when the breed was named but it is confusing and a mouthful! In Ireland and the UK everyone seems to just call them 'a King Charles'; most people are not aware there is actually a separate breed called King Charles as they are now so rare.

Back