• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi

baker7598

Just got my first Cavalier. His name is Charlie and he is 5 months old. Having trouble trying to house train him but I hope to find lots of info on this site.

Welcome! There are a lot of threads on this always-important topic, if you try doing a search on housetraining. I always start by reommending people get Shirlee Kalstone's book on housetraining, which gives great guidance plus schedules to suit a variety of situations. :) Remember these are a small breed and can be a bit harder to housetrain because it is easy not to see them whaving accidents and thus prevent them. The main rule is: never ever have the dog unsupervised and able to have an accident! :) If the pup isn't asleep, it should be in its crate, on a lap, teteherd to someone by a lead through a beltloop, or within arm's reach. Pup goes outside after drinking, eating, a nap, first thing in the am and last thing at night. Most pups will be mostly housetrained by 6 months or so if people are very consistent with them, but expect the occasional accident up to about a year. (y)

icon_welcome to the board. Looking forward to hearing all about Charlie and yourself. And of course to seeing pics!

Hi There!! icon_welcome to the boards, this is a great place to chat and learn about Cavaliers!! Look forwards to seeing pics of Charlie very soon!!

007.jpg
008.jpg
006.jpg

Hello

Hello and welcome to this brilliant website - I am sure you will find everything you need to know and advice on here from people who really care...

Oh, Charlie is so sweet. Hang in there with the potty training. Patience, time, and rewards should do the trick......Judy

Back