• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Finn has cherry eye :(

niamhx

I have just come back from the vets this morning, finn had a little bulge in the corner of his eye about two weeks ago for a couple of hours then it went away anyway yesterday afternoon it came back so we went straight to the vet with him this morning, he is going to have an operation in the morning to fix it he will also be neutered at the same time as i dont want him to be but to sleep again in a few months.:(

I am going to be up the walls tomorrow so wish us both luck

I have never had a dog neutered before so any advice would be great :)

Niamh, sorry to hear that finn has cherry eye, neutering is really straight forward as i had a dog a few yrs back and she was neutered, give finn a big kiss and hug for me!!

Finn might be a bit young to be neutured... from what I can remember about when you got him. There's a lot of discussion on this issue but most would reccomend male cavs to be neutered around 8 months- 1 year.

Other than that, best wishes to little Finn and a speedy recovery please! :flwr:

Chester was neutered a couple of weeks ago..... along with 2 baby teeth removed, anal sacs emptied & micro chipped!

The day of the operation he was really really sleepy. The next day, a little dopey and then by the third day back to normal. It is a much easier operation for a boy & the actual wound is not even an inch long.

Just remember it all gets a little swollen & looks like they are still there for a while. Now, 2 weeks later, the swelling is completely gone & the sac is already starting to shrivel up.

It's amazing how quickly they get over things.

Hi I did think it was six months before they could be neutered, I spoke to the vet about it, finn is just over five months he said it was fine. I just don't want him going thought it again. I would love to now what you all think.

Do you think he is too young ?

I got my boys neutured at 6 months....brilliant time in my opinion...my vet said anytime over 5 months in ok but best to wait till theyre 6 months.

Hi nisha I agree its best to wait till he's six months but I don't want to put him though another operation so soon so I thinks would be better all done at the same time. :)

Good luck Finn.

Will be thinking about you tomorrow Niamh. The poor baby. He'll be fine though. Better to get the eye sorted asap and why put him through this ordeal twice.
The vet knows best.
Yvonne

Poor Finn! he will be fine though and you'll know his eye is taken care of.

For spays/neuters, lots of us use a babygro with a hole vut for the tail rather than those horrible platic collars on them. You can unsna and roll up when they go out for pottying. :) And they look very cute in the babygro! I just got a couple from a 2nd hand shop and keep them on hand for this use.

Thanks karlin finbarr is doing the op in the morning so i know he is in safe hands, I will pick up a baby grow in the morning while he is in :D

Yvonne you will have to come visit :D

Aww little Finn, he'll be just fine. It is good to have both the cherry eye repair & the neutering done together as then it will be all over & done with.

Thanks everyone I just dropped him off with his favorite blanket :( I cant wait till this evening till I have him back with me :)

I will let you know how he does :xfngr:

Still no news, but i've been to the second hand shop and bought 3 babygro's :lol: Like he hasn't been though enough today, im now going to dress him up:rotfl:poor finn.

I have some lovely boiled chicken too :D

Back